Saumya Tandon (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Currently playing the lead character of Anita in comedy series, Saumya Tandon is an Indian television actress. Also known as ‘gori mem’ from the serial, Saumya Tandon has also made her appearance in Jab We Met (2007), Dhuaan (2013) and Welcome to Punjab (2012). Saumya Tandon took up modeling assignments early in her career.
Name: Saumya Tandon
Profession: Actress, Anchor, poet
DOB: 3 November 1984
Birth Place: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Home Town: Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
Home Address: NA
Hobbies: Writing and reading
Debut Work: Jab We Met
TV Serials: Aisa Des Hai Mera, Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 54 kg
Hair Color: Brown
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Saurabh Devendra Singh
Father: B. G. Tandon
School: St. Mary’s Convent School, Ujjain
College (Graduation): Fore School of Management
College (Post-Graduation): NA
Educational Qualification: MBA
Movies: Jab We Met
TV Shows: Aisa Des Hai Mera, Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain
Net Income: NA
More facts and information about Saumya Tandon
- She was ‘Femina Cover Girl’ 2006. She co-hosted Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout(based on the Wipeout format) with Shah Rukh Khan in 2011.
- She has hosted Dance India Dance for three seasons for which she got ‘Best Anchor’ award too.
- She co-hosted Bournvita Quiz Contest along with Derek O’Brien for three seasons.
- In Imtiaz Ali’s Jab We Met, starring Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor, she played the role of Kareena’s character’s sister Roop.
- She also hosted ‘LG Mallika-e-Kitchen’ for three seasons.
- Saumya wrote a poetry book called Meri Bhavnayein, which was nominated for an award.
- She is a huge fan of Tottenham Hotspurs (EPL) and Mumbai Indians (IPL).
- She is a vegetarian.
- Her father, Dr. B. G. Tandon was a prolific writer, professor, and HOD of English at Vikram University in Ujjain and wrote 17 books on English literature.
- Her long-time boyfriend Saurabh is an investment banker and works as a Director of Asia in Barclays.
- She is inspired by Akshay Kumar for her fitness.
- She is very strict when it comes to troll and likes to block those who post negative comments. She likes to wear the different style of clothes. She told this by saying: “We see on TV is that actresses wear the same kind of saris, but the colors keep changing. They look as if they are in a manufacturing unit. However, I have kept my outfits quite distinct from each other. There is no overdressing… I just follow one mantra, ‘less is more’.”