Ramya Krishnan (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Ramya Krishnan is an Indian film actress who has acted in over 200 films in five languages including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi. Ramya has won three Filmfare Awards, three Nandi Awards and a Tamil Nadu State Film Award. She became popular through her much-admired role of Neelambari in Padayappa which lead her to win the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil. Her performance in Baahubali: The Beginning also won her the Best Supporting Actress – Telugu at the 2016 Filmfare Awards and Best Supporting Actress at Nandi Awards.
Name: Ramya Krishnan
Nickname: Ramya Krishna
DOB: September 15, 1970
Birth Place: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Home Town: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: Film: Vellai Manasu (Tamil, 1983), Kanchu Kagada (Telugu, 1984), Pushpaka Vimana (Kannada, 1987), Neram Pularumbol (Malayalam, 1986), Dayavan (Bollywood, 1988), TV: Shaktimaan (1997-2005)
Movies: Alludugaru (1990), Allari Mogudu (1992), Major Chandrakanth (1993), Gopala Rao Gari Abbayi (1989), Paila Pacheesu (1989), Pinni (1989), Sutradharuluand Allari Priyudu (1993)
Serials: Jodi Number One (2006), Thanga vettai (2007-2008), Bangaram Mee Kosam (2007-2008), Kalasam (2008 – 2009), Thangam (2009 – 2013)
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 65 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Pasupuleti Krishna Vamsi (Director)
BF: Not Known
Sister: Vinaya Krishnan
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Cars: Mercedes-Benz, Fortuner
Bikes: Not Known
House: Luxury apartment in Chennai
Movies: 2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows:Not Known
Net Income: $2 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Ramya Krishnan
- She received early training in Bharathanatyam, Western and Kuchipudi dance forms and has given many stage performances.
- She attained fame through Kasinadhuni Viswanath’s Sutradharulu, released in 1989.
- She arose as an important actress in the Telugu industry together with Soundarya, Meena, Roja and Nagma in the 1990s.
- Her revolution came from K. Raghavendra Rao directorial movies where she emerged as a commercial romantic diva of the season, due to Alludugaru (1990), Allari Mogudu (1992), Major Chandrakanth (1993) and Allari Priyudu (1993 .
- She has worked with leading Telugu actors such as N. T. Rama Rao, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, Krishna, Chiranjeevi, Balakrishna, Nagarjuna, Venkatesh, Mohan Babu, Jagapathi Babu, Rajendra Prasad, Srikanth, Rajasekhar, Jr. NTR, Mahesh Babu and Prabhas.
- She received a prestigious Nandi Award from the Government of Andhra Pradesh for her performance in Kante Koothurne Kanu (1998).
- She played the lead role in the Bollywood film Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998) along with Amitabh Bachchan and Govinda.
- She played the lead role in the Tamil film Padayappa (1999) along with Rajinikanth.
- She has also played role in Bollywood Movie “Banarasi Babu” in 1997
- She was a judge in a dancing show on STAR Vijay: Jodi Number One, season 1, followed by season 5.
- Her most recent films are Baahubali: The Beginning and Soggade Chinni Nayana, and she also played a very important role in Allari Naresh’s movie Mama Manchu Alludu Kanchu.
- She earned praises for her performance as Rajamatha Sivagami in Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.