Mohanlal (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Mohanlal Viswanathan is an Indian actor, producer and occasional singer who works mainly in Malayalam cinema. He has had a fruitful career covering four decades, during which he has acted in more than 300 films. He has also appeared in other regional Indian films.
Name: Mohanlal Viswanathan Nair
Nickname: Lalettan, Laalu, Universal Star, The Complete Actor
Profession: Actor, Producer, Singer
DOB: May 21, 1960
Birth Place: Elanthoor, Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India
Home Town: Kochi, Kerala, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Collecting antiques & artefacts
Debut Work: Film Debut: Manjil Virinja Pookkal (Malayalam, 1980), Company (Bollywood, 2002), Chandramukhi (Tamil, 2005), Production Debut: Bharatham (Malayalam, 1991), Singing Debut: Sindooramegham Shringaarakaavyam … (Malayalam, 1985)
Movies: Keerthi Chakra (2006), Kurukshetra (2008), Chithram (1988), Gandhinagar 2nd Street (1986) and Nadodikkattu (1987)
Serials:Lal Salam (2017- present)
Height: 172 centimetres
Weight: 85 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 36 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 13 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Suchithra Balaji
GF: Not Known
Kids: Pranav and Vismaya
Father: Viswanathan Nair (Advocate)
Mother: Santhakumari Nair
Brother: Pyare Lal (Elder, Deceased)
School: Glps Mudavanmugal School, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Model School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
College (Graduation): Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram, India
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Movies: 2-3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows:Not Known
Net Income: $5 million (estimate)
Film: Unnaipol Oruvan (Tamil, 2009)
Actor: Kamal Haasan
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Mohanlal
- Mohanlal made his acting debut as a teenager in the Malayalam film Thiranottam in 1978, but the film was delayed in its release for 25 years due to censorship issues.
- He gained stardom after featuring in a series of commercially effective films in 1986 like Rajavinte Makan.
- Mohanlal prefers to work in Malayalam films, but he has also appeared in some Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada films.
- Some of his noteworthy non-Malayalam films include the Tamil film Iruvar (1997), the Hindi film Company (2002) and the Telugu film Janatha Garage (2016).
- Mohanlal has received five National Film Awards—two Best Actor, a Special Jury Mention and a Special Jury Award for acting, and an award for Best Feature Film (as producer), also nine Kerala State Film Awards, Filmfare Awards South and abundant other tributes.
- In 2001, the Government of India privileged him with the Padma Shri for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- In 2009, he became the first and only actor to be awarded the honorary rank of Lieutenant colonel in the Territorial Army of India.
- He received an honorary doctorate from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit in 2010 and from University of Calicut in 2018.
- Mohanlal had acted in several amateur plays before entering into films. In 2001, he debuted in specialized drama playing Karna in Karnabharam, a play directed by Kavalam Narayana Panicker which premiered at the Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi in 2001 as part of the National Theatre Festival of the National School of Drama.
- Kadhayattam was a presentation enacted by Mohanlal, performing ten classic characters and situations from Malayalam literature, selected from ten Malayalam novels written by O. Chandu Menon, C. V. Raman Pillai, S. K. Pottekkatt, Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai, P. Kesavadev, Vaikom Muhammad Basheer, Uroob, O. V. Vijayan, M. Mukundan, and M. T. Vasudevan Nair over a 100-year period.
- In 2014, Mohanlal and musician Ratheesh Vegha shaped the music band Lalisom – The Lal Effect.
- Mohanlal has been a goodwill ambassador for the government and other nonprofit organisations, mainly for public service ads and humanitarian causes.
- In September 2013, the direct-broadcast satellite television provider Tata Sky publicized Mohanlal as its brand endorser for its Kerala market.
- In 2008, Mohanlal covertly experienced 18 months of escape artist drill under famous magician Gopinath Muthukad.
- Mohanlal has been pronounced in the Indian media as one of the most adaptable actors and has been praised for his natural acting style.