Hansika Motwani (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Hansika Motwani is an Indian actress who mainly appears in Tamil and Telugu films. She made her film debut in the Telugu film Desamuduru (2007) which won her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South. She started her career in Tamil cinema with Mappillai (2011) and then appeared in several commercially successful Tamil films including Engeyum Kadhal (2011), Velayudham (2011), Oru Kal Oru Kannadi (2012), Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru (2013), Maan Karate (2014), Aranmanai (2014), Manithan (2016),Bogan (2017) and Villain (2017).
Name: Hansika Motwani
Nickname: Baby, Motu
DOB: August 9, 1991
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Andheri, Mumbai, India
Best Friends: Manchu Vishnu
Hobbies: Reading, photography, meditation, yoga
Debut Work: Film: Hawa (2003), TV: Shaka Laka Boom Boom (2001)
Movies: Bindaas (2008), Maan Karate (2014), Aranmanai (2014), Manithan (2016) ,Bogan (2017), Aap Kaa Surroor (2007) and Villain (2017)
TV Serials: Shaka Laka Boom Boom (2001), Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand
Image Source:Instagram/Hansika Motwani
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Silambarasan (Actor)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Pradeep Motwani (Businessman)
Mother: Mona Motwani (Doctor)
Brother: Prashant Motwani
School: Podar International School, Mumbai, International Curriculum School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: BMW 5 Series Navy Blue Sedan
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: property in Mumbai
Movies: 80 Lakh rupes/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $2 million (estimate)
Film: Settai, Oh My Friend, Bindass
Actor: Gerard Butler
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Hansika Motwani
- Hansika’s mother tongue is Sindhi and she is a Buddhist.
- Hansika began her television career with a serial called Shaka Laka Boom Boom, later acting in the Indian serial Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, for which she was given the Favorite Child Award at the Star Parivaar Awards.
- Hansika Motwani appeared as one of the children in Koi Mil Gaya with Preity Zinta and Hrithik Roshan.
- Hansika made her debut at the age of 16 in a lead role in Puri Jagannadh’s Telugu film Desamuduru, opposite Allu Arjun, earning the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South for her performance.
- Hansika Motwani made her debut as a leading actress in Bollywood with Himesh Reshammiya in Aap Kaa Surroor which turned out to be a moderate hit. She subsequently signed the Hindi film titled He: The Only One, where she was to essay the role of a killer but the film was later shelved.
- Hansika’s first 2008 release was Bindaas, starring Puneet Rajkumar, her first and only Kannada film yet.
- Again, in 2008, she was oppositeJr. NTR in the film Kantri.
- She made her Tamil film debut in the successful 2011 film Mappillai, opposite Dhanush. Her next Tamil film, Engeyum Kadhal, opposite Jayam Ravi, was also successful. The 2011 film Velayudham, in which she starred alongside Vijay, became a box-office success.
- In 2014, her Tamil releases were Maan Karate, Sundar C’s Aranmanai and Meaghamann, with the former two becoming two of the most moneymaking films that year.
- In 2015, her movie Romeo Juliet with Jayam Ravi, Poonam Bajwa, VTV Ganesh, Vamsi Krishna, Uma Padmanabhan and Arya (Cameo Role) directed by Lakshman released and opened to mixed reviews and was a profitable undertaking at the box office. Hansika received praise from critics for her performance in the film.
- The magnum opus film Puli was a box office blockbuster.
- Motwani is now currently filming for her Malayalam debut Villain alongside Mohanlal, Vishal and Raashi Khanna, Goutham Nanda opposite Gopichand and Gulebakavali opposite Prabhu Deva.
- Hansika is involved in many philanthropic activities. She provides budgetary support for the education of 25 underprivileged children and also takes care of the medical needs of 10 women affected with breast cancer.
- She is the brand Ambassador of ‘Chennai turns Pink’, an awareness program to create breast cancer awareness among urban women.
- In 2014, she was featured in Forbes’ list of 250 celebrities that make it to the 100 Most Influential Celebrities nominees list.
- Awards that she has won include the Indian Telly Award for Child Artist of the Year for her film Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South for Desamuduru Raghava, CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut for Desamuduru, SIIMA Award for Best Debutant Actress – Tamil for Mappillai, the SIIMA Award for Special Appreciation as Actress – Telugu for her film Kandireega, the Chennai Times Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer-Female for Mappillai, the Edison Award for Best Actress for her performance in Oru Kal Oru Kannadi, the SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Tamil for the same, Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine for her film Maan Karate and the SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Tamil for Aranmanai.
Featured Image Source: Theeya Velai Seiyanum Kumaru Tamil Movie