Sushil Kumar (Wrestler) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Sushil Kumar is an Indian freestyle wrestler. In the 66 kg weight division, he won the 2010 world title, a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics and a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, making him the only Indian to win two individual Olympic medals. His 2008 Olympic medal was second for India in wrestling. In July 2009, he received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and won the gold medal in the 74 kg division at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Name: Sushil Kumar Solanki
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Freestyle Wrestler
DOB: May 26, 1983
Birth Place: Baprola, Delhi, India
Home Town: Baprola, Delhi, India
Home Address: Mumbai, India
Best Friends: Yogeshwar Dutt
Hobbies: Working out
Debut Work: World Cadet Games (1998)
- 2003 – Gold (60 kg) – London Commonwealth Championship
- 2003 – Bronze (60 kg) – New Delhi Asian Championships
- 2005 – Gold (66 kg) – Cape Town Commonwealth Championship
- 2007 – Gold (66 kg) – London Commonwealth Championship
- 2007 – Silver (66 kg) – Kyrgyzstan Asian Championships
- 2008 – Bronze (66 kg) – Beijing Olympics
- 2008 – Bronze (66 kg) – Jeju Island Asian Championships
- 2009 – Gold (66 kg) – Jalander Commonwealth Championship
- 2010 – Gold (66 kg) – New Delhi Asian Championships
- 2010 – Gold (66 kg) – Moscow World Championships
- 2010 – Gold (66 kg) – Delhi Commonwealth Games
Coach: Gyan Singh, Rajkumar Baisla Gurjar
Height: 166 centimetres
Weight: 66 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 44 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Biceps Measurements: 16 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Savi Kumar
GF: Not Known
Kids: 2 sons
Father: Diwan Singh (Bus Driver)
Mother: Kamla Devi
Sushil Kumar with wife Sarita
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Done his education in Delhi
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: House in Mumbai, India
Net Income: Not Known
Film: Not Known
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan
Actress: Madhuri Dixit
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Sushil Kumar
- Sushil Kumar is an Indian freestyle wrestler who became the first Indian to win back to back individual Olympic medals; he won a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics and a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Coming from a modest background, he was inspired by his cousin and father to take up wrestling. His family members provided him with all the necessities that he needed in order to make sure that he succeed as a wrestler.
- Kumar started off as a promising wrestler in the junior levels and went on to win a gold medal at the Asian Junior Wrestling Championship. However, it was not till he won the bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics that he really came into the limelight as one of India’s best wrestlers.
- Kumar won medals at most of the chief tournaments that he participated in following his performance in Beijing and went on to become the flag bearers for India at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Nothing like the wrestlers of the past, Kumar is also a popular personality and endorses plenty of products.
- In 2003, Kumar participated in the Asian Wrestling Championship held in New Delhi, and ended up as the bronze medal winner in 60kg freestyle category. In the same year he won a gold medal in the freestyle category at the Commonwealth Wrestling Championship, London.
- Sushil Kumar was part of the Indian wrestling contingent at the 2004 Athens Olympics but his performance was not up to the mark and he finished at the 14th position in the 60kg freestyle category.
- In 2005, he partook in the Commonwealth Wrestling Championship, held in Cape Town and won the gold medal in 66kg freestyle category and bronze medal in the 66kg Greco-Roman categoryIn 2006 Doha Asian Games, he won the bronze medal in the 66kg freestyle category and in the 2007 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship, held in London, he once again won the gold medal in 66kg freestyle category.
- In 2008 Beijing Olympics he bagged the bronze medal in the 66kg freestyle category. His performance in the Beijing Olympics was all the more praiseworthy because he lost in the first round and made a comeback in the repechage.
- In 2010 World Wrestling Championships held in Moscow, Sushil Kumar created history when he became the first Indian to win a world title in wrestling. In the same year, he won the the gold medal in the 66kg freestyle category in the Commonwealth Games held in Delhi.
- In 2012, he once again created history when he won the silver medal in the 66kg freestyle category at the London Olympics and became the first Indian to win back to back individual Olympic medals.
- In 2014, Sushil Kumar won the gold medal in the 74 kg freestyle category at the Commonwealth Games that took place in Glasgow, Scotland. In the final, he defeated Qamar Abbas of Pakistan in 107 seconds by fall.
- Sushil Kumar was honoured with the Arjuna Award in 2005.
- In 2008, he was bestowed with the highest sporting honour in India, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- In 2011, he was honoured with Padma Shri—the fourth highest civilian award in India.