Papon (Singer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Angarag Mahanta, known by his stage name Papon, is an Indian singer, composer and record producer. He is the lead singer who in 2007 founded a folk-fusion band named ‘Papon and The East India Company.’ His band gave live performances at various International festivals like ‘du World Music Festival’ in Dubai, ‘Java Jazz Festival’ in Jakarta, ‘Paleo Music Fest’ in Switzerland, ‘Oslo World Music Festival’ in Norway, ‘Dhaka International Folk Fest’ in Bangladesh, etc.
Real Name: Angarag Mahanta
Profession: Singer, composer and record producer
DOB: November 24, 1975
Birth Place: Nagaon, Assam, India
Home Town: Assam, India
Home Address: Nagaon, Assam
Best Friends: Not known
Hobbies: Travelling and singing
Solo Album: Depths of The Ocean (2011), Assamese
Album: Jonaaki Raati (2004),
TV: The Dewarists (2011),
Bollywood Singing: Naina Laagey of Soundtrack (2011),
Hindi Album: The Story So Far (2012),
Tamil Singing: Hey of Vanakkam Chennai (2013),
Assamese Film: Rodor Sithi (as actor, 2014)
Instruments: Vocals, tabla, acoustic guitar, piano, harmonium and dhol
Genres: Electronic fusion, Indian/ Assamese classical, Indian/ Assamese folk, acoustic folk, playback singing, jazz and ghazals
Height: 178 centimetres
Weight: 70 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 38 Inches, Waist Measurements: 32 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Shweta Mishra Mahanta
GF: Not applicable
Father: L.Khagen Mahanta (Singer)
Mother: Archana Mahanta (Musician)
Sister: Kingkini Mahanta
School: Kendriya Vidyalaya, Nagaon, Assam
College: Not known
Educational Qualification: Not known
Cars: Audi Q5, Honda CRV, Maserati Levante Luxury SUV
Bikes: Not Known
House: Apartment in Mumbai
Movies: 5 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
More Information and facts about Papon
- He has sung songs in several different languages like Assamese, Tamil, Mishing, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, and Bengali.
- He has won so many awards for best playback singer.
- Papon’s initial training was in Indian Classical, devotional (Borgeet) and folk music.
- His music covers genres such as ambient electronic, acoustic folk and new-age Indian classical music and has been identified as having traces of pentatonic Mongoloid notes, local river song influences and ghazals.
In August 2016, Red Bull released “Hometown Heroes,” a seven-part documentary web series that revisits the story of Papon’s youth and rising career.
- In 2013, Papon was also responsible for the theme song for MTV Roadies X: Battle for Glory – “Jajabor”.
He performed on the show Global Indian Film Awards with MIDIval Punditz, Kailash Kher and Shubha Mudgal. He also appeared on Star world India, Episode six of The Dewarists with Rabbi Shergill and recorded a song “Khule Da Rabb”.
- Papon has also worked with Shantanu Moitra in the 4th season of The Dewarists for ‘O Megh’ which is enthused by Rabindranath Tagore’s poem of same name.