Monali Thakur (Actress and Singer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Monali Thakur is an Indian singer and actress who won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Moh Moh Ke Dhaage” (Dum Laga Ke Haisha, 2015) and the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Sawaar Loon” (Lootera, 2013). She is presently working on Colors TV’s Rising Star.
Name: Monali Thakur
Profession: Singer and Actress
DOB: November 3, 1985
Birth Place: Kolkata, India
Home Town: Kolkata, India
Home Address: Mumbai, India
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Playing with dogs, travelling
Debut Work: Song: “Kubool Kar Le” (Jaan-E-Mann, 2006), FIlm: Krishnakanter Will (Bengali, 2007)
Songs: “Kubool Kar Le” (2006, Hindi), (2007, Bengali), “Goodnight” (2008), “Zara Zara Touch Me” (2008), “Khwaab Dekhe (Sexy Lady)” (2008), “Meow” (2008), “Khudaya Khair” (2009)
Films: Krishnakanter Will (2007), PK (2014), Debi (2015)
TV Shows: Saregamapa Bangla (2010-2011), Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs (2014), The Stage (2017), The Drama Company (2017), Rising Star (Season1 & 2) as a judge
Height: 155 centimetres
Weight: 50 kilograms
Hair Color: Brown
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Meiyang Chаng (Singer)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Shakti Thakur (Bengali Actor and Singer)
Mother: Not Known
Sister: Mehuli Goswami Thakur (Elder sister, Singer)
School: The Future Foundation School (TFFS), Kolkata
College (Graduation): St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: B.A. (English Honours)
Cars: Range Rover
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Salary: 5-6 Lakh rupees/film, 1-3 Lakh rupees/song (estimate)
Net Income: $3.5 Crores (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Monali Thakur
- She trained in Hindustani classical music under Pandit Jagdish Prasad and Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty.
- She has learnt hip-hop and Bharatanatyam and is also a trained salsa dancer.
She started singing in school and used to participate in college competitions and at local functions.
- Monali received the Best Playback Singer award at the Anandalok Awards for the serial Sri Ramkrishna when she was 14.
- She rose to popularity after placing ninth in Indian Idol 2.
- She got an offer from Pritam Chakraborty to sing two songs for Race in 2008, “Khwab Dekhe (Sexy Lady)” and “Zara Zara Touch Me”. It is known that she was originally chosen to sing only one song, but her first recording impressed the film’s directors Abbas–Mustan enough for them to book her for the second song as well.
- Her song “Zara Zara Touch Me” became the fourth-most-played song on Indian radio during the first half of 2008.
- She got nominated for an IIFA Award for Best Female Playback and an Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Zara Zara Touch Me”.
- Monali’s first large format live concert was at Powai Sarvajanin Durgotsav in 2011.
- She was a judge in the Bengali music reality show Bengali Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs for two years.
- She was also seen in the Bengali show Key Hobe Biggest Fan and was part of Coke Studio.
- In 2014, she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for “Sawaar Loon”.
- In March 2016, she won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for “Moh Moh Ke Dhaage”.