Jimmy Sheirgill (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Jimmy Sheirgill is an Indian actor and film producer who mostly works in Hindi films but has presence in Punjabi films, as well. Shergill started his acting career in 1996 with the film Maachis based on the Khalistan movement.T he film was noted by all the top filmmakers in the industry. He has consistently won positive reviews for all his films such as Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002), Haasil (2003), Munna Bhai MBBS (2003), Yahaan (2005), Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006), Eklavya: The Royal Guard (2007), A Wednesday (2008), My Name is Khan (2010), Tanu Weds Manu (2011), Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster (2011), Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns (2013), Special 26 (2013), Bullett Raja (2013), Fugly (2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
Name: Jasjit Singh Gill
Profession: Actor, Producer
DOB: December 3, 1970
Birth Place: Deokahia village, Sardarnagar, Gorakhpur district, Uttar Pradesh
Home Town: Patiala, Punjab, India
Home Address: Mumbai, India
Best Friends: Diljit Dosanjh
Hobbies: Reading, playing & watching cricket
Debut Work: Film- Maachis (1996, Bollywood), Yaaran Naal Baharan (2005, Punjabi), Production: Dharti (2011)
Movies: Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006), Eklavya: The Royal Guard (2007), A Wednesday (2008), My Name is Khan (2010), Tanu Weds Manu (2011)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 173 centimeters
Weight: 68 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 39 inches, Waist Measurements: 30 inches, Biceps Measurements: 12 inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Priyanka Puri
GF: Not Known
Kids: Veer Shergill
Father: Satyajeet Singh Shergil
Mother: Late Balraj Kaur Shergill
Brother: Aman Shergill
School: St. Francis’ College, Lucknow, The Punjab Public School, Nabha, Punjab and Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
College (Graduation): Bikram College, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: B.Com
Cars: Range Rover
Bikes: Harley Davidson
House: Various properties all over the country
Movies: 2-4 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
Film: American History X, Jindua
Actor: Irrfan Khan, Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Sunny Deol
Actress: Deepika Padukone, Jennifer Lawrence
Song: Not Known
Jimmy Shergill Worshipping
More Information and facts about Jimmy Shergill
- He started acting in Punjabi Films in 2005 with Manmohan Singh’s Yaaran Naal Baharan, which did well at the box office. He went on to act in several other Punjabi films.
- He is at present one of the top actors in the industry, and some of the films he has acted in have been hits.
- He plans to produce and act in one Punjabi film every year, for which he has signed a deal with Bollywood production house Eros International.
- His first film as a producer, Dharti, released in 2011 and did well at the box office. The next production from his company was Taur Mittran Di that was released in May 2012.
- In 2011, he produced Dharti and Taur Mittran Di in 2012. Then in 2013, his productions included Saadi Love Story and Rangeelay.
- He featured in the shelved movie “Dum Dum Diga Diga”(1996) and V Shantaram’s “Humsaaya” (2003).
- Jimmy always wanted to join the Armed Forces.
- He wore a turban till the age of 18, as he found it extremely difficult to manage in a hostel. When he finally became a ‘cut surd’, his family didn’t talk to him for over a year.
- In 1989, he met with a bike accident in which he is known to have broken a few bones.
- In the late 90’s, director Shekhar Kapur decided to launch Jimmy Shergill alongside Preity Zinta in his film ‘Tara Rum Pum Pum’, but due to some reasons, the film was shelved.
- In 1994, came to know that Gulzar was directing ‘Maachis’ so he went to meet him to get a chance to assist him where he got the acting role instead.
- He has changed the spelling of his surname to Sheirgill because the name Jimmy Shergill was already used on social media.
- He went to Mumbai after a cousin convinced him to try his luck in the film industry.
- He attended Roshan Taneja’s acting classes.
- He won the Star Guild Award for Best Actor In A Supporting Role for a movie A Wednesday!