Smriti Irani (Actress and Politician) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Smriti Zubin Irani is an Indian politician, former model, television actress and producer, along with being a Member of Parliament. She was elected to the Rajya Sabha from the state of Gujarat. Smriti Irani is the present Information and Broadcasting and Textiles Minister in the Government of India.
Name: Smriti Zubin Irani
Nickname: India’s Bahu
Profession: Indian politician, Former Model, Television Actress and Producer
DOB: March 23, 1976
Birth Place: New Delhi, India
Home Town: New Delhi, India
Home Address: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Horoscope, reading, listening to music
Debut Work: Film: Malik Ek (2010), TV: Aatish and Hum Hain Kal Aaj Aur Kal (2000), Politics: Joined Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP), 2003
Political Party: Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP)
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 82 kilograms
Body: Not Known
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Zubin Irani (Businessman)
BF: Not Known
Kids: Zohr Irani, Zoish Irani, Shanelle Irani (Step-daughter)
Father: Shri Ajay Kumar Malhotra
Mother: Smt. Shibani Bagchi
School: Holy Child Auxilium School, New Delhi
College(Graduation): University of Delhi, Delhi
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: Mercedes Benz and Ford
Bikes: Not Known
House: Real Estate Property in New Delhi worth around Rs. 1 Crore
Net Income: 4 Crore rupees (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actress: Rekha, Hema Malini
Song: Not Known
Politician: Narendra Modi
More Information and Facts about Smriti Irani
- Smriti has been a part of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) since her youth.
- Irani was blamed of providing inconsistent affidavits about her educational certificates during different elections, as her affidavit for 2004 Lok Sabha elections specified her educational qualification as B.A. from Delhi University at the school of correspondence but while filing affidavits for Rajya Sabha in 2011 and Lok Sabha in 2014, she said her maximum educational qualification was B.com as a correspondence course from Delhi University.
- Irani was one of the finalists of the beauty pageant Miss India 1998.
- Irani appeared in a song “Boliyan” of the album “Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag” with Mika Singh in 1998.
- In 2000, she made her TV debut with Aatish and Hum Hain Kal Aaj Aur Kal. Irani took the role of Tulsi Virani in Ekta Kapoor’s Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi on Star Plus, for which she has the record of winning five consecutive Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actress (Popular) and four Indian Telly Awards.
- She also played Sita in Zee TV’s Ramayan in 2001.
- Irani co-produced the show Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan under her production company Ugraya Entertainment and Balaji Telefilms.
- In 2007, she produced Virrudh for Sony TV and also portrayed the role of Vasudha in it.
- In July 2017, she got the charge for Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India).
- In July 2016, she was asked to hand back the charge of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, and was given the Ministry of Textiles instead.
- In 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, at the Indian Television Academy Awards, she got the ITA Award for Best Actress-Drama (Popular) for Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. In 2007, at the Indian Telly Awards she won the Best Actress (Jury) award for Virrudh. In 2010, she got awarded the ITA Milestone Award at the Indian Television Academy Awards for Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.