Sheila Dikshit (Politician) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Sheila Dikshit is an Indian politician. She served for a period of 15 years from 1998 to 2013 as the Chief Minister of Delhi. She is a member of the Indian National Congress, which it led to three successive electoral victories in Delhi. Subsequently, she was sworn in as Governor of Kerala on 11 March 2014. However, she resigned on 25 August 2014.
Name: Sheila Dikshit
Nickname: Wonder Women
Profession: Politician and Social Worker
DOB: March 31, 1938
Birth Place: Kapurthala, Punjab, India
Home Town: New Delhi, India
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Reading and attending concerts, dance performances and plays
Debut Work: 1970s, became the Chairperson of Young Women’s Association
Political Party: Indian National Congress
Height: 149 centimetres
Weight: 68 kilograms
Body: Not Known
Hair Color: Grey
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Late Vinod Dikshit (former IAS)
BF: Not Known
Kids: Sandeep Dikshit (Congress Politician), Latika Syed
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Sister: Pam Malhotra and Rama Dhawan
School: Convent of Jesus and Mary School, New Delhi
College (Graduation): Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Master of Arts in History, Doctorate in Philosophy
Cars: Mostly travels in government secured vehicles
Bikes: Not Known
House: House in the VVIP area of Delhi, India
Net Income: 2.7 crore rupees (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Gregory Peck and Rock Hudson
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Sheila Dikshit
- She represented Kannauj parliamentary constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
- As a Member of Parliament, she aided the Estimates Committee of Lok Sabha.
- Dikshit chaired the Implementation Committee for Commemoration of Forty Years of India’s Independence and Jawaharlal Nehru centenary.
- She represented India at United Nations Commission on Status of Women for five years.
- She was also the Union Minister during 1986 to 1989, as the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and as a Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- In Uttar Pradesh, she along with 82 colleagues was jailed in 1990 by the state government because she led a movement against the violence being committed on women.
- In the early 1970s, she was contributory in the setting up two of the most successful hostels for working women in Delhi.
- She is the Secretary of the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
- She served for nearly 15 years as the Chief Minister of Delhi until 2013.
- Dikshit represented the Gole Market assembly constituency in the 1998 and 2003 Assembly elections and New Delhi constituency from 2008.
- In 2009, the Delhi Lokayukta examined a grievance filed by a BJP worker, stating that Dikshit misused 3.5 crore rupees received under the Jawahar Lal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission for Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojana for political advertisements. The corruptions claims were later dropped.
- Dikshit was blamed of corruption concerning the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where The Comptroller and Auditor General report allegedly blamed her for indiscretions in imported equipment for street lighting in the city during the games.
- Her statement in the Assembly said that a solitary gang rape in the city in December 2012 had encouraged her government to unveil the 181 helpline drew harsh criticism.