Jaya Bachchan (Actress and Politician) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Jaya Bachchan is an Indian film actress and politician, who is recognised as one of the best Bollywood film actresses of her time. In 1992, she was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India. She is noted for strengthening a realistic style of performing in cinema. She has won eight Filmfare Awards, including three for Best Actress and three for Best Supporting Actress, which makes her one of the overall most-awarded performer in the female acting categories. She was awarded the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.
Name: Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
Profession: Actress, Politician (Samajwadi Party)
DOB: April 9, 1948
Birth Place: Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Home Town: Pune, Maharashtra
Home Address: Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: Film Debut: As a child- Mahanagar (1963), As an adult- Guddi (1971)
Political Party: Samajwadi Party
Height: 157 centimetres
Weight: 60 kilograms
Hair Color: Grey
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Amitabh Bachchan
BF: Not Known
Kids: Shweta Bachchan-Nanda, Abhishek Bachchan
Father: Taroon Kumar Bhaduri (writer, stage artist & journalist)
Mother: Indira Bhaduri
Sister: Rita Verma
School: St. Joseph’s Convent School, Bhopal
College (Graduation): Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Diploma in Acting
Cars: Range Rover, BMW 760Li, Bentley Arnage R
Bikes: Not Known
House: Various properties in Mumbai
Salary: MP Salary: 50,000 Rupees
Net Income: $20 million
Actor: Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra
Actress: Nargis Dutt
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Jaya Bachchan
- Jaya is distinguished for her performances in films counting Uphaar (1971), Koshish (1972) and Kora Kagaz (1974), among others.
- She appeared in conjunction with her husband Amitabh Bachchan in films such as Zanjeer (1973), Abhimaan (1973), Chupke Chupke (1975), Mili (1975) and Sholay (1975).
- Subsequent to her marriage and the birth of the children, Bachchan restricted her work in films and after her performance in Silsila (1981) she took an indeterminate retreat from films. She resumed acting with Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa in 1998 and since then has appeared in various successful films such as Fiza (2000), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001) and Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003).
- She was bestowed the Best All-India N.C.C. Cadet Award during the Republic Day celebrations in 1966.
- Her daughter Shweta was born while Jaya and Amitabh were working on Sholay.
- In 2011, she appeared in the Bangladeshi film Meherjaan.
- Bachchan was elected in 2004 as a Samajwadi Party MP, representing Rajya Sabha till early 2006. She then got a 2nd term from June 2006 till July 2010 and was re-elected in 2012 for the 3rd term.
- In 1974, she won the Filmfare Special Award for Uphaar and the Filmfare Best Actress Award for Abhimaan. In 1975, she got the Filmfare Best Actress Award for Kora Kagaz. Then in 1980, she got the Filmfare Best Actress Award for Nauker and in 1998, the Filmfare Special Award for Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa. Then in 2001, she won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Fiza and in 2002, the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
- 2004 saw her winning the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Kal Ho Naa Ho followed by the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.