Asaduddin Owaisi (Politician) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Asaduddin Owaisi is an Indian politician, who is the President of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen. He is a three-time Member of Parliament (MP) and represents the Hyderabad constituency in Lok Sabha. He was privileged with Sansad Ratna Award for best performance in 15th Lok Sabha in 2014. He is known for his political views that are mostly in favour of Muslims and Dalits, and is known to have criticized PM Modi for his greeting “Jai Shree Ram”.
Name: Asaduddin Owaisi
Nickname: Naqeeb-e-Millat, Qaid, Asad Bhai
Profession: Indian Politician
DOB: May 13, 1969
Birth Place: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Home Town: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Boxing, Reading books on history and religion
Debut Work: 1994 in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election
Political Party: All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM)
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 70 kilograms
Body: Not Known
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Farheen Owaisi
GF: Not Known
Kids: 5 daughters, 1 son
Father: Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi
Mother: Najamunnisa Owaisi
Brother: Akbaruddin Owaisi
School: Hyderabad Public School
College (Graduation): St. Mary’s Junior College, Hyderabad, Nizam College, Lincoln’s Inn, London
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: B.A, L.L.B, and Barrister-at-Law
Cars: Mostly travels in government secured vehicles
Bikes: Not Known
House: House in Delhi
Net Income: 1.5 Crore Rupees (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Asaduddin Owaisi
- Owaisi’s father and grandfather have been presidents of the party to which he belongs. The party, while opposed to jihadist terrorism, still practises a politics of “competitive chauvinism”.
- In the 1999 election, he defeated his nearest rival Telegu Desam Party candidate by 93 thousand votes.
- Owaisi was bestowed the 2014 Sansad Ratna award (Gem of parlamentiarians) October 2013 for his presentation in the 15th session of Indian parliament. Throughout this period, he asked 1080 questions in the Parliament compared to the national average of 292. His attendance was at 70%.
- After 2008 Mumbai attacks, Owaisi necessitated action against Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and Hafiz Saeed for killing guiltless people.
- Owaisi supports reservation for backward Muslims in government jobs and education institutes. He also upholds stand that he is against Hindutva ideology but not against Hindus.
- Owaisi reasons for the elimination of the Haj subsidy given to the Indian Muslims for traveling to Mecca on religious pilgrimage and utilizing the money for the education of Muslim women instead.
- In July 2016, Owaisi was praised for his speech for admitting that Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) is a problem among Muslims.
- In August 2016, Asaduddin Owaisi expressed his annoyance at the Centre for addition of the Ahmadiyya community as a faction of Islam in 2011 Census of India.
- On the subject of prohibition on cow slaughter, Owaisi criticized BJP for being hypocritical in treating cow as holy in Uttar Pradesh and North Indian states, but un-holy in the Northeast, Goa and Kerala.
- Owaisi said that Muslim men divorcing their wife by means of instant triple talaq without reasons must be publicly boycotted.