Arun Jaitley (Politician) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Arun Jaitley is an Indian politician and Advocate. He is the current Finance Minister and Minister of Corporate Affairs. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is a Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court of India. He previously held the cabinet portfolios of Commerce and Industry and Law and Justice in the Vajpayee government (1998–2004) and functioned as the Minister of Defence as additional charge. He functioned as the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.\
Name: Arun Jaitley
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Indian Politician & Lawyer
DOB: December 28, 1952
Birth Place: New Delhi, India
Religion: Hindu (Punjabi Brahmin)
Home Town: New Delhi, India
Home Address: A-44, Kailash Colony, New Delhi
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: In 1977, he joined Jan Sangh
Political Party: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 64 kilograms
Body: Not Known
Hair Color: Black (semi-bald)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sangeeta Jaitley (daughter of Former J&K Finance Minister Girdhari Lal Dogra)
GF: Not Known
Kids: Rohan Jaitley, Sonali Jaitley
Father: Maharaj Kishen Jaitley (lawyer)
Mother: Ratan Prabha Jaitley (social activist)
Sister: Madhu Bhargava
School: St. Xavier’s School, New Delhi
College (Graduation): Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
College (Post-Graduation): University of Delhi
Educational Qualification: Graduated in Commerce, Law degree in Post-Graduation
Cars: Porsche (Rs 1.02 crore), Mercedes Benz (Rs 78.89 lakh), BMW (Rs 85.57 lakh), Honda Accord (Rs 20.44 lakh), and Toyota Fortuner (Rs 23.28 lakh)
Bikes: Not Known
House: a plot in Faridabad (Haryana), commercial property at Cyber Park in Gurgaon, five residential properties at Delhi, Gurgaon and Gandhinagar in Gujarat
Salary: 1.40 Lakh Rupees/Month (estimate)
Net Income: 6.99 Crore Rupees (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and facts about Arun Jaitley
- Jaitley belonged to Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in the Delhi University in the seventies and became the President of the Students Union of Delhi University in 1974.
- He was a noticeable leader of an undertaking against corruption propelled in the year 1973.
- He was the Convenor of the National Committee for Students and Youth organization.
- He was also active in civil rights movement and founded PUCL Bulletin along with Satish Jha and Smitu Kothari.
- In 1977, Jaitley was chosen the president of the Delhi ABVP and All India Secretary of the ABVP. He was then made the president of the youth wing of the BJP and the secretary of the Delhi Unit.
- He announced the Income declaration scheme, 2016.
- During his tenure as the Finance Minister of India, the government demonetised the ₹500 and ₹1000 banknotes of the Mahatma Gandhi Series, to curb corruption, black money, fake currency and terrorism from 9 November 2016.
- In June 20, 2017, he confirmed that the GST rollout is well on track.
- He was the first Minister of Shipping succeeding the branching of the Ministry of Surface Transport.