Amit Shah (Politician) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Amit Shah is an Indian politician and Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat and the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is a close associate of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and held a number of portfolios in the state government during Modi’s tenure as Chief Minister of Gujarat. Shah was the BJP’s in-charge for Uttar Pradesh during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. The BJP registered its best ever performance and won 73 out of 80 seats. After that, Shah rose to national prominence and was chosen as the party’s national president in July 2014.
Name: Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah (Real Name)
DOB: October 22, 1964
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mehsana, Gujarat, India
Home Address: 10, Shivkunj Society, Near Sanghavi High School, Vijaynagar Road, Naranpura,Ahmedabad – 380013
Best Friends: Narendra Modi
Hobbies: Reading, watching cricket and social service
Debut Work: As the leader of the student wing of the RSS, i.e. Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (1983)
Political Party: Bharatiya Janata Party (President, 2014)
Height: 168 centimetres
Weight: 81 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 13 Inches
Hair Color: Black and White
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Smt. Sonalbahen
GF :Not Known
Kids: 1 son named Jay
Father: Anilchandra Gokaldas Shah (business dealing in PVC pipes)
Mother: Kusumben Shah
Sister: Aarthi Shah
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): C.U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: B.Sc. Biochemistry
Cars: Mercedes and Ford
Bikes: Not Known
House: house in Delhi
Net Income: $6million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Amit Shah
- As a young boy he was always inspired by the stories of the great patriots of the nation and dreamt of working for the progress of the motherland. He was especially inspired and influenced by the nationalist spirit and dream of Rashtriya Swayam Sevak Sangh (RSS) and became its active member in Ahmedabad. This was one act that was to change his life forever and set him on a momentous journey towards the leadership of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- After joining the RSS, Amit Shah worked for the student’s wing of the RSS – the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad for over four years. It was during this period that BJP emerged as the political arm of RSS and he became a member of the party in 1984-85.
- He became the leader of RSS’s student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in 1983.
- He became an activist of BJP’s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) in 1987.
- He campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani in Gandhinagar during the 1991 Lok Sabha elections.
- In 2009, he became the vice-president of the cash-rich Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
- He held 12 portfolios at a time – Home, Law and Justice,Gram Rakshak Dal, Police Housing, Prison, Border Security, Civil Defence, Excise, Transport, Prohibition, Home Guards, and Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs.
- In July 2014, BJP’s Central Parliamentary Board unanimously approved Amit Shah’s appointment as the President of the party. He was reappointed BJP President unanimously on 24 January 2016.
- After becoming the party president, he started an aggressive membership drive and BJP by March 2015 claimed 100 million members.
- Under his leadership during 2014-16, BJP achieved success in Legislative Assembly elections in Maharashtra, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand and Assam, but lost the elections in Delhi and Bihar.
- His son Jay, is an engineer from Nirma University, and is the joint secretary of the Gujarat Chess Association.
- Shah was very close to his mother, who died from an illness on 8 June 2010.
- Shah is said to be someone who is not very social.