Kamal Haasan (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Kamal Haasan is an Indian film actor, director, screenwriter, producer, playback singer, lyricist and politician who works mainly in Tamil cinema. Kamal has won awards together with three National Film Awards, the second-most by any Indian actor, and nineteen Filmfare Awards. His production company, Rajkamal International, has produced several of his films. He was renowned for his performances in Mani Ratnam’s Nayagan (1987) and S. Shankar’s vigilante film Indian (1996), which saw him playing dual roles of a father and a son , ever since he has appeared in films plus Hey Ram (2000), Virumaandi (2004), Vishwaroopam (2013) which were his own productions and Dasavathaaram (2008) in which he played ten roles.
Name: Kamal Haasan
Nickname: Universal Hero
Profession: Politician, film actor, producer, director, screenwriter
DOB: November 7, 1954
Birth Place: Paramakudi, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu
Home Town: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Home Address:Not known
Best Friends: Not known
Hobbies:Singing, playing football, travelling
Debut Work: Kalathur Kannamma (1959, as a child artist), Arangetram (1973)
Movies: Nayakan (1987), Hey ram (2000), Virumanda (2004), Vishwaroopan (2103)
TV Serials: Not Known
Height: 170 centimetres
Body:Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 13 Inches
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Vani Ganpati and Sarika Thaku
GF: Gautami Tadimalla
Father: D. Srinivasan (lawyer)
Sister: Chandrahasan and Charuhasan (Actor) , Nalini (sister)
School: Sir M Ct.Muthiah Chettiar Boys Higher Secondary School, Chennai and Hindu Higher Secondary School, Chennai
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation):Not Known
Educational Qualification:Not Known
Cars: Mercedes ML350, Audi Q5, Honda CRV
House:Apartment in Chennai and Mumbai
Movies: 30 crore/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $100 million (estimate)
Film: Bicycle Thief, Mughal-e-Azam and Sholay
Actor: Nagesh, Shivaji Ganesan, M.G. Ramachandran and Rajesh Khanna
Actress: Sridevi and Sripriya
Musician: Naushad and Ilayaraja
More Information and Facts about Kamal Haasan
- Haasan started his acting career when he was just 4 years old and won the President’s Gold medal for his performance in his debut film Kalathur Kannamma.
- Kamal publishes the magazine Mayyam, by the Kamal Haasan Welfare Association (Narpani Iyakkam). His views on cinema, child and drug abuse, and the Kashmir conflict have been published as Thedi Theerpom Va (Come, Let’s Find and Solve) by his fan club. He is also interested in Tamil literature.
- Kamal is a self-proclaimed atheist.He has often questioned the existence of God and has highlighted the theme in his films like Anbe Sivam and Dasavathaaram.
- Kamal is the foremost Tamil actor to rework his fan clubs into welfare organisations and is concerned in social-service activities through the clubs under the name Kamal Narpani Iyakkam (Kamal Welfare Association). His fan clubs lend a hand to organise blood- and eye-donation drives, and donate educational materials to students.
- Kamal was nominated by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the Swachh Bharat Campaign. He chose to clean the Madambakkam Lake in Chennai with the Environmentalist Foundation of India’s Arun Krishnamurthy on 7 November 2014.
- He received in 1990 the Padma Shri and in 2014 the Padma Bhushan for his contributions to Indian cinema