Ajit Kumar (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Ajit Kumar is an Indian film actor who has starred in over 50 films, predominately in Tamil cinema. Totalling to his acting, Ajit Kumar in a time off, he is motor car racer and participated in the MRF Racing series (2010) in Chennai. He began his career with a small role in the 1990 Tamil film. Ajit was stared as lead role in Amaravathi (1993) then Prema Pusthakam (1993), and his first critical acclaimed appearance was in the thriller Aasai (1995). He was stared as a romantic hero with Kadhal Kottai (1996), Aval Varuvala (1998) and Kadhal Mannan (1998) and as an action hero with films such as Amarkalam (1999), Dheena (2001), Villain (2002), Attahasam (2004), Varalaru (2006), Mankatha (2011), Arrambam (2013), Veeram (2014), Yennai Arindhaal (2015) and Vedalam (2015).
Name: Ajit Kumar
Nickname: Not known
Profession: Actor, Race car driver
DOB: May 1, 1971
Birth Place: Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Home Town:Tamil Nadu, India
Home Address: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Racing, photography, reading biographies, playing cricket
Debut Work: En Veedu En Kanavar(1990 ,Tamil ) and Aśoka (2001,Hindi)
Movies:Kadhal Kottai (1996), Aval Varuvala (1998),Kadhal Mannan (1998), Amarkalam (1999), Dheena (2001), Villain (2002), Attahasam (2004), Varalaru (2006), Mankatha (2011), Arrambam (2013), Veeram (2014), Yennai Arindhaal (2015) and Vedalam (2015)
TV: Not Applicable
Height: 175 centimetres
Body: Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 15 Inches
Hair Color:Salt and pepper
Marital Status: Married
Wife:Shalini Kumar (Actress)
GF: Not applicable
Father: P. Subramaniam
Brothers: Anoop Kumar and Anil Kumar (brothers)
School: Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School
College (Graduation):Not Known
College (Post-Graduation):Not Attended
Educational Qualification:Failed his twelfth grade examinations, quit his studies
Cars: Honda Accord, BMW 7-Series 740 Li
Bikes:Aprilia Caponard, BMW S1000 RR, BMW K1300 S, Kawasaki Ninja ZX 14R
House:Apartment in Mumbai
Movies 25-50 crores/film (estimate)
TV Shows:Not Known
Net Income: $20 million (estimate)
Film: Mr India, Andaaz Apna Apna, Barfi, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Shawshank Redemption, City of God, A Fish Called Wanda
Actor: M. G. Ramachandran, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan
Actress: Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor
Sports: Football, cricket, riding, racing
Racer: Ayrton Senna
More Information and Facts about Ajit Kumar
- Ajit Kumar is the unassailable King of South Indian Film Industry. Apart from acting, he is a professional car racer as well.
- Ajit did not speak Tamil as a child, mastered it only after becoming an actor.
- Ajit has given many hit movies which are dubbed in different languages.
- He began his career as a supporting actor in a Telugu film before gaining critical recognition in the Tamil thriller Aasai (1995).
- Ajith produced the non-profit organisation “Mohini-Mani Foundation”, named after his parents, in order to promote self-hygiene and civic consciousness and to help ease the problems of urban sprawl.
- Ajith was the middle son out of three brothers, the others being Anoop Kumar, a stockbroker in New York, and Anil Kumar, an IIT Madras graduate working in Seattle.
- At 18, Ajith had to take up a job to support his career in racing. Joining as an learner, he rose to be a merchandiser with a garment export company, doing small-time press ads and TV commercials occasionally.