Arnab Goswami (Journalist) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Arnab Goswami is an Indian journalist and television news anchor, along with being the managing director of the news channel Republic TV. He was the editor-in-chief and a news anchor of Times Now and ET Now. On Times Now, he anchored The Newshour, and hosted a special television programme Frankly Speaking with Arnab.
Name: Arnab Ranjan Goswami
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Journalist, News Anchor
DOB: October 9, 1973
Birth Place: Guwahati, Assam, India
Home Town: Guwahati, Assam, India
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Reading, Writing
Debut Work: The Telegraph in Kolkata
Height: 180 centimetres
Weight: 78 kilograms
Body: Not Known
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Pipi Goswami
GF: Not Known
Kids: Not Known
Father: Manoranjan Goswami (Retired Colonel and Politician)
Mother: Suprabha Goswami
Sister: 1 (Indian Defence Service)
School: Mount St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cantonment, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cantonment
College (Graduation): Hindu College, Delhi University, New Delhi
College (Post-Graduation): Oxford University, England
Educational Qualification: Graduation in Sociology, Masters in Social Anthropology
Cars: 2005/06 black Toyota Corolla, Mahindra Scorpio
Bikes: Not Known
House: current value of the house in southern Bandra, Mumbai is over 14 crore
Salary: 1 Crore rupees/month (estimate)
Net Income: $60 Million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Arnab Goswami
- Arnab shifted his career in TV news broadcast with NDTV 24×7 in 1995 after The Telegraph in Kolkata, anchoring daily newscasts, and reporting for News Tonight a programme telecast on DD Metro.
- He hosted the Newshour show every weeknight, which was the longest running news analysis shown on any channel for a few years.
- Being a Senior Editor with NDTV 24×7, he was accountable for the overall editorial content of the channel.
- He presented one of the channel’s top graded news analysis show Newsnight, which won him a prize for the Best News Anchor of Asia 2004 in the 2004 Asian Television Awards.
- In 2017, MP Shashi Tharoor filed a slander case in the Delhi High Court against him in association with Republic TV’s story of the supposed truth behind the demise of Shashi’s wife, where his channel claimed that Tharoor was closely related with his wife’s death. The Delhi High Court issued notice to Arnab and Republic TV over the plea.
- In 2003, he won the Asian Television Award for Best Presenter or Anchor (Runner up), in 2007, he won Society Young Achievers Award for excellence in the field of Media and in 2010, the Assamese of the Year Award by News Live. In the same year, he won the Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism (TV) by the Indian Express Group.