Sunetra Sastry (Rowan Atkinson’s Wife) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Sunetra Sastry is the ex-wife of comedian Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean). Sunetra Sastry attended a beauty college in London after completed her schooling. She has worked as a makeup artist for many of Rowan Atkinson productions, including Black Adder and she also worked on the TV Movie Smack & Thistle for BBC in 1988.
Name: Sunetra Sastry
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Makeup Artist
Birth Place: India
Home Town: Delhi, India
Home Address:Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
- Makeup Artist
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Divorced (Rowan Atkinson (m. 1990-div. 2014))
BF: Not Known
Kids: Benjamin, Lily
Father: Indian Father
Mother: British Mother
Brother/ Sister: Not Known
School: Not Known
Graduation: Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Net Income: Not Known
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Sunetra Sastry
- Sunetra was born in 1957, to an Indian father and an English mother.
- She has stated that growing up in that era she was subjected to racism almost daily due to her father’s culture.
- Her mother was raised in a high-class English family, but was disowned after marrying Sunetra’s father.
- Sunetra has said that any time she has attempted to ask her mother about it, her only answer has been ‘It was worth it’.
- She attended a beauty college in London, against the wishes of her parents. They firmly believed that it was not a real career and pushed her to consider nursing, however once they saw her passion for it in action – they began to support her.
- She met actor Rowan Atkinson in 1986, while working on the TV show Black Adder as a makeup artist.
- At the time, she was assigned to do the makeup of Rowan’s co-star Stephen Fry, but after seeing her one-day he convinced Stephen to swap.
- The two began dating after a few months and became engaged in late 1989.
- They married in February, 1990, with Stephen Fry acting as best man in the wedding ceremony.
- It was announced in Feb, 2014 that the couple was legally separating after 24 years of marriage, and rumours of infidelity on Rowans part were heard.
- He immediately began publicly dating a 32-year-old actress after their separation.
- She prefers to stay out of the public eye, but works on charities such as The Brain Cancer Foundation of Great Britain, and has been praised by many humanitarians for her efforts.