Jeev Milkha Singh (Golfer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Jeev Milkha Singh is an Indian professional golfer. He was the first player from India to join the European Tour in 1998, where he has won four events and is the most successful Indian on tour. He was the first Indian golfer to get a spot in the top 100 of the Official World Golf Ranking in October 2006. In 2007, the Government of India presented to him the Padma Shri.
Name: Jeev Milkha SIngh
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Indian Professional Golfer
DOB: December 15, 1971
Birth Place: Chandigarh, India
Home Town: Chandigarh, India
Home Address: #725, Sector 8 B, Chandigarh
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Working out, Travelling
Turned Pro: 1993
- 1993- NCAA Division II Individual Championship.
- 1993- Southern Oklahoma State Open, Bukit Kiara Golf Championship (Malaysia).
- 1994- Shinhan Donghae Open (South Korea – not an Asian Tour event), Northern Indian Open.
- 1995- Thailand PGA Championship, Mahindra BPGC Open (India), Toyota Crown Open (Thailand) and Philippine Classic, Asian Matchplay Championship.
- 1996- Philip Morris Asia Cup.
- 1999- Lexus International.
- 16 April 2006- Volvo China Open.
- 29 October 2006- Volvo Masters.
- 26 Nov 2006- Casio World Open.
- 3 Dec 2006- Golf Nippon Series JT Cup.
- 2008- Ballantine’s Championship and Barclays Singapore Open.
- 27 Jul 2008- Nagashima Shigeo Invitational Sega Sammy Cup.
- 7 Dec 2008- Golf Nippon Series JT Cup.
- 2012- Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open.
- 15 Jul 2012- Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open.
Height: 183 centimetres
Weight: 75 kilograms
Body: Not Known
Hair Color: Salt & Pepper
Marital Status: Married
GF: Not Known
Father: Milkha Singh (Athlete)
Mother: Nirmal Kaur (Vollyball Player)
Sisters: Sonia Sanwalka & 2 More
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): Abilene Christian University, Texas, United States
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Degree in Business and International Studies in 1996
Cars: Range Rover and Volvo XC90 among others
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Net Income: $2.5 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
Golfer: Tiger Woods
More Information and Facts about Jeev Milkha Singh
- Singh won the NCAA Division II individual golf championship in 1993, along with many amateur tournaments in the U.S.
- Singh turned professional in 1993 with his first professional win being at the 1993 Southern Oklahoma State Open.
- In 1997, he finished seventh at the European Tour, and joined the tour the following year.
- Jeev Milkha Singh became the third golfer to receive Arjuna Award in 1999.
- In 1999, he came 50th on the Order of Merit.
- He struggled with injury in the early years of the new millennium.
- In April 2006 he won the Volvo China Open, and became the second Indian player to win on the European Tour.
- Jeev Milkha Singh won the season ending Volvo Masters, which raised him to a final position of 16th on the Order of Merit.
- In 2006, he was the winner of the Asian Tour Order of Merit and had back to back wins in Japan to become the first Indian to make the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking.
- In 2007, he was the first Indian golfer to partake in the Masters Tournament.
- In August 2008, Jeev Milkha Singh got the highest ranking for an Indian in any chief event at the 2008 PGA Championship in Oakland Hills. It made him India’s best golfer ever.
- Singh ranked 12th on the Order of Merit in the 2008 European Tour season.
- He won the Barclays Singapore Open, and got his second Order of Merit title on the Asian Tour.
- In 2009, Singh finished the WGC-CA Championship in fourth place, after leading round one.
- Singh played on the Nationwide Tour in 2003.
- Singh played on the PGA Tour from 2007 to 2010, his best finish being the 4th place at the 2009 WGC-CA Championship.
- Singh received the Padma Shri, in 2007.
- On 15 July 2012, Singh won the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open. The win was also Singh’s fourth career triumph on the European Tour and made him the most successful Indian golfer in European Tour history.
- He is the brand ambassador of Volvo.