Virat Kohli (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Virat Kohli is an Indian international cricketer who currently captains the India national team. Kohli is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. He plays for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and has been the team’s captain since 2013.
Name: Virat Kohli
Nickname: Chikoo, Run Machine
Profession: Indian Cricketer (Batsman)
DOB: November 5, 1988
Birth Place: Delhi, India
Religion: Hindu (Khatri)
Home Town: Delhi, India
Home Address: DLF City Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Watching Roger Federer play, watching old cricket videos, Soccer and Tennis, driving, eating Sushi, meeting old friends,workout, travelling, singing, dancing
Debut Work: ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla, Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston, T20 – 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
Coach: Raj Kumar Sharma
Domestic/State Team: Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore
Jersey Number: #18 (India), #18 (IPL)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm medium
Nature on field: Very Aggressive
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 72 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 30 Inches, Biceps: 14 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Anushka Sharma
GF: Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour), Sanjana (Model, Actress, rumour), Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour), Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, rumour), Anushka Sharma (Actress)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)
Mother: Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Brother/Sister: Bhawna Kohli (Elder), Vikas Kohli (Elder)
School: Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi, Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: 12th standard
Cars: Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Salary: Retainer Fee: 7 crore rupees, Test Fee: 15 lakh rupees, ODI Fee: 6 lakh rupees, T20 Fee: 3 lakh rupees, IPL 11: 17 crore rupees
Net Income: 400 Crore rupees (estimate)
Film: Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots, Hollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw
Actor: Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.
Actress: Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif
Song: Music of Asrar, Eminem
Cricketer: Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs, Bowler: Shane Warne
More Information and Facts about Virat Kohli
- Kohli represented Delhi’s cricket team at various age-group levels before making his first-class debut in 2006.
- He captained India Under-19s to victory at the 2008 Under-19 World Cup in Malaysia, and a few months later, made his ODI debut for India against Sri Lanka at the age of 19.
- Initially having played as a reserve batsman in the Indian team, he soon established himself as a regular in the ODI middle-order and was part of the squad that won the 2011 World Cup.
- He made his Test debut in 2011 and shrugged off the tag of “ODI specialist” by 2013 with Test hundreds in Australia and South Africa.
- He reached the number one spot in the ICC rankings for ODI batsmen for the first time in 2013.
- He also won the Man of the Tournament twice at the ICC World Twenty20 (in 2014 and 2016).
- In 2014, he became the top-ranked T20I batsman in the ICC rankings, holding the position for three successive years till 2017.
- Since October 2017, he has also been the top-ranked ODI batsman in the world and is currently the 2nd ranked Test batsman in the world.
- Kohli was appointed the vice-captain of the ODI team in 2012 and handed over the Test captaincy following Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s Test retirement in 2014.
- In early 2017, he became the limited-overs captain as well after Dhoni stepped down from the position. In ODIs, Kohli has the second highest number of centuries and the highest number of centuries in run-chases in the world.
- Kohli holds numerous Indian batting records including the fastest ODI century, the fastest batsman to 5,000 ODI runs and the fastest to 10 ODI centuries.
- He is only the second batsman in the world to have scored 1,000 or more ODI runs for four consecutive calendar years.
- He is the fastest batsman to score 1,000 runs, most runs in a calendar year and most fifties in the format T-20.
- He also holds the records of most runs in a single tournament of both the World Twenty20 and the IPL.
- He also has the highest historic rating points for an Indian batsman in ODIs (909 points) and T20Is (897 points) in ICC rankings and 2nd highest rating points in Tests (912 points) behind only Sunil Gavaskar.
- He is the only batsman in history to average over 50 in Test matches, ODIs and T20Is simultaneously.
- Kohli has been the recipient of many awards such as the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World in 2016 and 2017, ICC World Cricketer of the Year in 2017, and ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012 and 2017.
- In 2013, he was given the Arjuna Award in recognition of his achievements in international cricket.
- The Padma Shri was conferred upon him in 2017 under the sports category.
- Alongside his cricket career, Kohli co-owns FC Goa in the ISL, the IPTL franchise UAE Royals and the PWL team Bengaluru Yodhas. He also has other business ventures and over 20 brand endorsements. Kohli is ranked as one of the world’s most famous athletes by ESPN and one of the most valuable athlete brands by Forbes.
- His brand value in 2016 was estimated to be US$92 million, placing him second on the list of India’s most valued celebrity brands.
- Kohli was signed up by sports agent Bunty Sajdeh of Cornerstone Sport and Entertainment after the 2008 Under-19 World Cup.
- In 2015, Kohli invested $14 million to start a chain of gyms and fitness centres across the country. Launched under the name Chisel, the chain of gyms is jointly owned by Kohli, Chisel India and CSE (Cornerstone Sport and Entertainment), the agency which manages Kohli’s commercial interests.
- In 2016, Kohli started Stepathlon Kids, a children fitness venture, in partnership with Stepathlon Lifestyle.
- He has won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017, ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, ICC World ODI XI: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain), ICC World Test XI: 2017 (captain), Polly Umrigar Award for international cricketer of the year: 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, Padma Shri: 2017, Arjuna Award: 2013, Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World: 2016, 2017 and the CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: 2011–12, 2013–14.