Shardul Thakur (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Shardul Thakur is an Indian cricketer and the 218th player to be inaugurated to the Indian Cricket Team while playing first-class cricket for Mumbai. He was a member of the Kings XI Punjab, and presently Mumbai cricket team and India A cricket team. In March 2017, he was fetched in by the Rising Pune Supergaints.
Name: Shardul Narendra Thakur
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Indian Cricketer (Bowler)
DOB: October 16, 1991
Birth Place: Palghar, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Palghar, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Mumbai, India
Best Friends: MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh
Hobbies: Watching films, playing football & badminton
Debut Work: ODI- 23 June 2007 against Ireland at Belfast, Test- 6 November 2013 against West Indies at Kolkata, T20 – 19 September 2007 against England at Durban
Coach: Dinesh Lad
Domestic/State Team: Mumbai, Kings XI Punjab, Rising Pune Supergiants
Jersey Number: #10 (Rising Pune Supergiants)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm fast-medium
Nature on field: Aggressive
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 66 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 38 Inches, Waist Measurements: 30 Inches, Biceps: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Not Known
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Narendra Thakur
Mother: Not Known
Brother/Sister: Not Known
School: Anand Ashram Convent English High School, Palghar, Mumbai, Swami Vivekanand International School, Palghar, Mumbai
College (Graduation): University of Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Not known
Cars: BMW, Nissan
Bikes: Not Known
House: property in Maharashta
Salary: Retainership Fees Rs 50 Lakh per year
Net Income: $1 million (estimate)
Film: Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
Actor: Hrithik Roshan
Actress: Madhuri Dixit
Song: Not Known
Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
More Information and Facts about Shardul Thakur
- When he was in the school cricket team, he hit 6 sixes from 6 balls in an over.
- Shardul Thakur made his debut against the Rajasthan cricket team at Jaipur in November, 2012.
- He took four wickets at a bowling average of 82.0 in the first four games of his career.
- In Ranji season during 2012-13, he took 27 wickets at 26.25 from six games, with one five-wicket haul.
- In the Ranji season during 2013-14, he took 48 wickets at 20.81 from ten games with five five-wicket hauls.
- In the Ranji Trophy final during 2015-16, he took eight wickets against the Saurashtra cricket team and helped Mumbai cricket team win its 41st Ranji Trophy title.
- Shardul Thakur joined Kings XI Punjab at the 2014 IPL player auction for 2015 season of Indian Premier League and debuted against Delhi Daredevils where he took one for 38 in his 4 overs.
- In March 2017, he was picked up by the Rising Pune Supergiants for the tenth season of the IPL.
- In the month of January during 2018, he was picked up by the Chennai Super Kings in the 2018 IPL auction.
- Shardul Thakur was in India’s 16-man group for India’s Test tour of West Indies in 2016.
- In August 2017, he was in India’s limited overs squad for the series against Sri Lanka.
- His ODI debut was on 31 August 2017 against Sri Lanka.
- He is now the second player to wear the no 10 Jersey next to Sachin Tendulkar that was a controverrsy.
- After returning to India ODI sqaud against New Zealand in 2017 he changed his jersey number to 54 due to above mentioned reasons.