Rohit Sharma (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Rohit Sharma is an Indian international cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm off break bowler who plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket and captains Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League. He made his ODI debut on 23 June 2007 against Ireland. In 2013, he started playing as an opening batsman for India ODI team, scoring successive centuries in his first two Test matches against the West Indies.He became the second Indian to score a century in all three formats. He then became the only player in the world to score three double hundreds in ODIs. Rohit Sharma is the first skipper to lead his team to the IPL title thrice.
Name: Rohit Gurunath Sharma
Nickname: Hitman, Ro, Shaana
Profession: Indian Cricketer (Batsman)
DOB: April 30, 1987
Birth Place: Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 4-BHK apartment in Ahuja Towers, Worli, Mumbai
Best Friends: Shikhar Dhawan
Hobbies: Travelling, watching movies, playing table tennis & video games
Debut Work: ODI- 23 June 2007 against Ireland at Belfast, Test- 6 November 2013 against West Indies at Kolkata, T20 – 19 September 2007 against England at Durban
Coach: Dinesh Lad
Domestic/State Team: Mumbai, Mumbai Indians
Jersey Number: #45 (India), #45 (IPL)
Height: 173 centimetres
Weight: 73 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 31 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Ritika Sajdeh (Sports manager)
GF: Sofia Hayat (Actress, rumour)
Father: Gurunath Sharma
Mother: Purnima Sharma
Brother: Vishal Sharma
School: Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai, Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: BMW M5 Series
Bikes: Not Known
House: Flat is worth 30 Crore rupees, a bungalow measuring 7,500-10,000 square feet, having five bedrooms with a hall and kitchen, a swimming pool and lawn.
Salary: Retainer Fee: 1 Crore rupees (estimate), Test Fee: 15 Lakh rupees (estimate), ODI Fee: 6 Lakh rupees(estimate), T20 Fee: 3 lakh (estimate)
Net Income: 227 Crore rupees (estimate)
Film: Veer-Zara, Hera Pheri, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, Border, The Avengers, Iron Man, The Dark Knight Rises
Actor: Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan
Actress: Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, Megan Fox, Blake Lively
Song: Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye (Veer-Zaara, 2004), Started From The Bottom (Drake)
Cricketer: Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Bowler: Harbhajan Singh
More Information and Facts about Ayesha Takia
- According toForbes India 2015 Top 100 celebrities in India, Sharma is listed 8th in terms of fame, 46th in terms of income and 12th overall.
- Sharma joined a cricket camp in 1999 with his uncle’s money. Sharma started as an off spinner who could bat a bit before Lad noticed Sharma’s batting skills and promoted him from number eight to open the innings. He excelled in the Harris and Giles Shield school cricket tournaments, scoring a century on debut as an opener.
- Rohit Sharma made his List A debut for West Zone against Central Zone in the Deodhar Trophy in March 2005, at Gwalior.It was his undefeated innings of 142 in 123 balls against North Zone at Udaipur in the same tournament that brought him to fame.
- Performances for the India A sides in Abu Dhabi and Australia followed, leading to him being selected for the 30 member probables list for the Champions Trophy, although he did not make the final squad. He was also selected for the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy.
- On 22 December 2017, Sharma equalled the world record by scoring the joint-fastest century off 35 balls in Twenty20 International against Sri Lanka at Holkar Stadium, Indore. His ODI stats improved intensely since moving up to an opener in ODI’s.
- In December 2017, Rohit was named the Indian captain for the first time in his career. India won the ODI series 2–1; their eighth consecutive series win since defeatig Zimbabwe.
- Rohit Sharma is one of the most successful players in Indian Premier League (IPL)and has the unique record of finishing the match by scoring a last-ball six. He has one century and a hat-trick to his name. He is also one of the few players to score more than 4000 runs in the IPL.
- Sharma broke the record set by Shane Watson for Most runs from fours and sixes in an innings by scoring 186 runs in boundaries.
- With 33 fours, Sharma hit the most number of fours in an ODI innings.
- On 11 October 2015, he scored 150 in Kanpur against South Africa, making it the highest ODI score in Kanpur.
- Sharma has the highest number of sixes, 16, in an ODI innings.
- He became only the fifth player to score 2 international T20I centuries after Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis and Colin Munro. His 118 was also the highest singular score by an Indian cricketer in T20Is.
- With 66 sixes, Sharma hit the most number of the sixes in a year (2017).
- Sharma has scored three centuries in Test matches, sixteen in ODIs, and two in T20Is. He is the only player to score three double centuries in ODI cricket as well.
- In 2015, Sharma received the Arjuna Award, which is presented every year by the Government of India to recognize outstanding achievements in national sports in India.
- For his two double centuries in ODIs, he won ESPNcricinfo – best ODI batting performance for 2013 and 2014.
- For his maiden T20I century against South Africa, he won ESPNcricinfo – best T20 batting performance for 2015.