Mithali Raj (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian cricketer. She has the post of the captain of the Indian Women’s cricket team in Tests and ODI. Mithali is frequently considered to be one of the greatest cricketing batters to have ever played. She is the first player to score 7 consecutive 50s in ODIs. She is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket and the only female cricketer to exceed the 6,000 run mark in ODIs. Mithali is the first captain (men or women) to take India to an ICC ODI World Cup final two times.
Name: Mithali Dorai Raj
Nickname: Lady Sachin
Profession: Indian Women Cricketer (Batsman)
DOB: December 3,1982
Birth Place: Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Home Town: Hyderabad, India
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Working out, dancing, reading
Debut Work: Test- 14 January 2002 vs England Women at Lucknow, ODI- 26 June 1999 vs Ireland Women at Milton Keynes, T20- 5 August 2006 vs England Women at Derby
Coach: Not Known
Domestic/State Team: Air India Women, Asia Women XI, India Blue Women, India Women
Jersey Number: #3 (India)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Legbreak
Nature on field: Not Known
Height: 163 centimetres
Weight: 54 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Not Known
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Dorai Raj (Indian Air Force)
Mother: Simrat Sodhi (Teacher)
Brother: Mithun Raj
School: St. Johns School, Hyderabad and Keyes High School For Girls, Secunderabad
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not known
Cars: BMW and Maruti Suzuki
Bikes: Not Known
House: House in Telangana worth Rs.2.2 Crore
Salary: ODI Match- Rs.1,00,000, Test Match- Rs.1,50,000 (estimate)
Net Income: 4.5 Crore rupees (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
Cricketer: Michael Clarke
More Information and Facts about Mithali Raj
- Her father was an Airman in the Indian Air Force.
- Mithali Raj started to play cricket at the age of 10. At 17, she was picked for the Indian team.
- She is a Tamilian.
- She started cricket coaching during her school along with her elder brother. Mithali often played with male cricketers in the nets.
- Raj has played both Test and One Day International cricket for India’s women’s cricket team.
- She made her One Day International debut in 1999 against Ireland at Milton Keynes and scored unbeaten 114 runs.
- She made her Test debut in 2001–02 against South Africa at Lucknow.
- On 17 August 2002, at the age of 19, in her third Test, after scoring a new high of 214, broke Karen Rolton’s record of world’s highest individual Test score of 209*
- Mithali was taken ill with typhoid in the CricInfo Women’s World Cup in 2002, utterly encumbering India’s advancement. Nevertheless, she then led them to their first World Cup final in 2005, in South Africa.
- In August 2006, she led India to their first ever Test and Series triumph in England and won the Asia Cup without dropping a single game.
- She is a receiver of the Arjuna award for the year 2003.
- Mithali Raj presently tops the batting table with 703 ratings.
- At the 2013 Women’s World Cup, Mithali Raj was the No.1 Cricketer in the ODI chart among women.
- In July 2017, she became the first player to make 6,000 runs in WODIs.
- Mithali Raj began her career by playing with stars like Purnima Rau, Anjum Chopra and Anju Jain for Air India.
- Post Women’s Cricket World Cup 2017, Viacom 18 Motion Pictures attained the rights to make a movie based on her life.