Jasprit Bumrah (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Jasprit Bumrah is an Indian cricketer who plays as a right-arm fast bowler for the Indian national cricket team in three formats of the game. He holds the record for maximum wickets (28) in Twenty20 International in a calendar year.
Name: Jasprit Jasbir Singh Bumrah
Nickname: JB, Jassi
Profession: Indian Cricketer (Fast-medium bowler)
DOB: December 6, 1993
Birth Place: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Home Town: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Travelling, listening to music
Debut Work: ODI- 23 January 2016 vs Australia in Sydney, T20- 26 January 2016 vs Australia in Adelaide
Coach: Kishore Trivedi
Domestic/State Team: India, Mumbai Indians, Gujarat, West Zone, India A
Jersey Number: #93 (India), #93 (IPL, County Cricket)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm fast
Nature on field: Aggressive
Jasprit Bumrah with sister
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 69 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 39 Inches, Waist Measurements: 30 Inches, Biceps: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Not Known
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Late Jasbir Singh
Mother: Daljit Kaur (Principal)
Brother/Sister: 1 sister
School: Nirman High School, Ahmedabad
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Jasprit Bumrah with family
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Salary: 2 crore rupees/ year
Net Income: $4 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
Cricketer: Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, AB de Villiers and Virender Sehwag, Bowler: Colin Croft, Lasith Malinga and Zaheer Khan
More Information and Facts about Jasprit Bumrah
- He was named in India’s squad for its 2015–16 series against Australia, as a replacement to an injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- He made his debut in One Day Internationals & Twenty20 Internationals in 2015–16 series against Australia.
- At the age of 7, he lost his father Jasbir Singh.
- He started his bowling career by playing for the Gujarat under-19 team.
- He made his Indian Premier League debut with the Mumbai Indians in 2013.
- He showed some promise in his bowling with some pace and swing, he has impressed many in the IPL with his bowling figures, in his debut match of IPL 2013 he took 3 wickets for 32 runs against the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Bumrah grabbed attention when on his IPL debut he finished with figures of 3–32 against the Bangalore franchise. He became only the second bowler in the side to pick three wickets on debut. The teenager was signed by the Mumbai for the sixth season of the Indian Premier League in 2013, with just 10 first-class matches to his name.
- In November 2017, he was named in India’s Test squad for their series against South Africa.
- Jasprit is inspired by Latish Malinga and once said that he has learnt to bowl Yorkers watching Malinga.
- During the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, 2013 Mumbai Indians coach John Wright identified Jasprit’s talent.