Dwayne Bravo (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Dwayne John Bravo is a Trinidadian cricketer, who plays all formats of the game and a former captain of West Indies in all formats and an integral member of Chennai Super Kings.
Name: Dwayne John Bravo
Nickname: Bravo, Big Dog, Pro and Johnny
West Indies Cricketer (All Rounder)
DOB: October 7, 1983
Birth Place: Santa Cruz, Trinidad and Tobago
Nationality: Trinidadian or Tobagonian
Home Town: Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Dancing and singing
Dwayne Bravo with friends MS Dhoni and Harbhajan Singh
Debut Work: Test- 22 July 2004 vs England in London, ODI- 18 April 2004 vs England in Guyana, T20- 16 February 2006 vs New Zealand in Auckland
Coach: Charles Guillen and Richard Smith
Domestic/State Team: Mumbai Indians, West Indies, Essex, Victoria, Chennai Super Kings, Sydney Sixers, Chittagong Kings, Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel, Melbourne Renegades, Dolphins, Cape Cobras, Lahore Qalandars
Jersey Number: #3(West Indies), #3(IPL, County Cricket)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm off-break
Nature on field: Aggressive
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 72 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 32 Inches, Biceps: 14 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Known
GF: Regina Ramjit (Model)
Kids: Dwaynice, Dwayne Bravo/DJ Junior
Father: John Bravo
Mother: Joycelyn Bravo
Brother/ Sister: Darren Bravo (Half-brother), 4 sisters
School: Aranguez Junior Secondary School, San Juan, Trinidad & Tobago, Tranquillity Government Secondary, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
Property: Not Known
Salary: Not Known
Net Income: $20 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
Actress: Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif
Song: Music by Beenie Man
Cricketer: Batsman: Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis, Matthew Hayden and MS Dhoni, Bowler: Courtney Walsh
More Information and Facts about Dwayne Bravo
- He is particularly known for his aggressive batting in the middle order, and for his “at the death” bowling.
- He is also known for his variety of lengths he can bowl at.
- He also performs as a singer.
- Since 2004, Bravo has played 40 Test matches, 164 One Day Internationals and 66 Twenty20 Internationals for the West Indies.
- He was a key member of the West Indies team that won the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 and 2016 ICC World Twenty20 titles.
- In domestic cricket, Bravo has played for his native Trinidad and Tobago since 2002.
- He has also played for the Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League, the Lahore Qalanders in the Pakistan Super League, the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League, the Chittagong Kings in the Bangladesh Premier League, and Kent and Essex in English county cricket. In 2013, he was named as a franchise player at the launch of the Caribbean Premier League.
- On 31 January 2015, Bravo announced his retirement from Test cricket.
- He continues to play ODIs and T20Is.
- He was also a contestant on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- Bravo has also sung and produced the song ‘Champion Champion’ in March, 2016, which became a club anthem in India, in the aftermath of the West Indies cricket teams’ victory in the 2016 T20 World Cup.
- Bravo holds the record (6/43) for the world’s best bowling figures in an ODI match as a captain in a bilateral series, along with Jerome Taylor, he set the record (66) for the highest ever 9th wicket partnership in T20Is, and he also holds the record (87 – in 2016) for taking the most number of wickets in all forms of T20s in a single calendar year.
- He was a fan of both cricket and football. But, Brain Lara inspired him to become a cricketer.
- He has a habit of taking an ice bath and eating 6 chocolates before every match.