David Warner (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
David Andrew Warner is an Australian international cricketer and former captain of the Australian national team in Limited overs cricket. Warner is the first Australian cricketer in 132 years to be selected for a national team in any format without experience in first-class cricket.
Name: David Andrew Warner
Nickname: Lloyd, Mario, Bull, Cannon, The Reverend, Pocket Size Dynamo
Profession: Cricketer (Left hand Batsman)
DOB:October 27, 1986
Birth Place: Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
Home Town: Matraville, New South Wales, Australia
Home Address: A mansion in Mermaid Avenue, Maroubra, New South Wales
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Travelling, Writing, Golfing, Swimming
Debut Work:ODI- 18 January 2009 against South Africa at Hobart, Test- 1 December 2011 against New Zealand at Brisbane, T20- 11 January 2011 against South Africa at Melbourne
Coach: Wayne Geber
Domestic/State Team: Delhi Daredevils, Durham, Middlesex, New South Wales, Northern Districts, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Sydney Thunder
Jersey Number: #31 (Australia), #31 (IPL)
Batting Style: Left Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm medium, Right arm leg break
Nature on field: Calm
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 65 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 38 Inches, Waist Measurements: 30 Inches, Biceps: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Blonde
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Candice Warner (Model)
GF: Not Known
Kids: Ivy Mae Warner (born in 2014), Indi Rae (born in 2016)
Father: Howard Warner (Worked in a heavy machinery shop)
Mother: Lorraine Warner (Worked as a nurse)
Brother: Steven Warner (Elder)
School: Matraville Public School School, Hillsdale, New South Wales, Randwick, New South Wales, Randwick, New South Wales
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Grade 12
Cars: Lamborghini Huracan
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Salary: Retainer Fee- $816,000, Test Fee- $20,000, ODI Fee- $10,000, T20 Fee- $8,000
Net Income:$23 million (estimate)
Film: Top Gun, I Am Sam
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Jennifer Aniston
Song:“BurnFor You” by Robbie Balmer
Cricketer: Batsman- Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Bowler- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
More Information and Facts about David Warner
- In 2009, he became the first cricketer in 132 years to be selected for a national team in any format without making his debut in first-class cricket.
- In 2009, he became the 2nd cricketer on the list of most ODI centuries in a calendar year. He scored 7 tons in 2016 (in his 23rd match of the year), and matched the record of Sourav Ganguly set in 2000.
- In 2016, he scored the maximum number of runs in the ODIs in 2016 (1388 runs in 23 matches at an average of 63).
- In 2017, he became the fastest Australian and 3rd-fastest cricketer overall to score 4000 ODI runs, matching India’s Virat Kohli.
- In 2017 (IPL 10), he became the 1st SunRisers Hyderabad player to score a century in the IPL.
- David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan became the 1st opening pair to score more than 2000 runs in the IPL.
- He served as the Australian vice-captain across Test and ODI formats of the game between 2015 and 2018.
- He predominantly fields at slip, but has moved to midwicket after thumb injuries in 2016. On 23 January 2017, he became the fourth player to win the Allan Border Medal more than once and also win the award in consecutive years.
- Currently, he is ranked 6th in the list of top Test batsmen in the world and ranked 3rd for the top ODI batsmen in the world, according to the official ICC Player Rankings, published in April 2017.
- He is the first Australian and sixth overall to reach 1,500 T20I runs.
- He is also the first Australian batsman to score 7 ODI centuries in a calendar year.
- On 28 September 2017 he played in his 100th ODI and became the first batsman for Australia and 8th batsman overall to score a century in his 100th ODI.
- On 27 March 2018, following a preliminary investigation into ball tampering by the Australian team in the Third Test of their 2018 Tour of South Africa by Cricket Australia, Warner, Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft were suspended, charged with bringing the game into disrepute, and sent home. After a board meeting on 28 March 2018, Cricket Australia banned Warner from all international and domestic cricket for one year, and from any leadership positions permanently. Warner’s player contract with the Indian Premier League side Sunrisers Hyderabad was terminated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- Warner was named Australian Sports Dad of the Year in 2016. Warner, one among ten nominees for the award, got to choose a charity to which AUD 10,000 would be donated.