Darren Sammy (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Darren Sammy plays international cricket for West Indies and is the first person from Saint Lucia Island to play international cricket. He is a two time T20 World Cup winning captain.
Name: Darren Julius Garvey Sammy
Nickname: Sammy and Jackie
Profession: West Indies Cricketer (All-rounder)
DOB: December 20, 1983
Birth Place: Micoud, Saint Lucia
Nationality: Saint Lucian
Home Town: Micoud, Saint Lucia
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: Test- 7 June 2007 vs England in Manchester, ODI- 8 July 2004 vs New Zealand in Southampton, T20- 28 June 2007 vs England in London
Coach: Not Known
Domestic/State Team: West Indies, Glamorgan, Hobart Hurricanes, Northern Windward Islands, Nottinghamshire, Peshawar Zalmi, Royal Challengers Bangalore, St Lucia, St Lucia Zouks, Stanford Superstars, Sunrisers Hyderabad, University of West Indies Vice Chancellor’s XI, Windward Islands
Jersey Number: #88(West Indies), #88(IPL, County Cricket)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm fast-medium
Nature on field: Aggressive
Darren Sammy with wife
Height: 191 centimetres
Weight: 88 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 44 Inches, Waist Measurements: 36 Inches, Biceps: 15 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Cathy Daniel
GF: Not Known
Kids: Skai, Darren Dan Sammy Jr and 1 more son
Father: Wilson Sammy
Mother: Clara Sammy
Brother/Sister: Not Known
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Darren Sammy wife
Salary: $2million (annual)
Net Income:$15 million (estimate)
Film: Fire in Babylon
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
Cricketer: Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, MS Dhoni, Brian Lara and Viv Richards, Bowler: Waqar Younis, Curtly Ambrose, Courtney Walsh and Joel Garner
More Information and Facts about Darren Sammy
- He worked as an office assistant at the Ministry of Commerce before he started playing for West Indies.
- The Shell Cricket Academy in Grenada and Marylebone Cricket Club in London were the places he got his training from.
- Under the captaincy of Darren Sammy, West Indies won 2 ICC World Cup Tournaments. One in 2012 and the other in 2016.
- Darren Sammy gave up the T20 captaincy of West Indies on 5th August, 2016.
- In his last T20 match in 2013, Darren took the catch of Sachin Tendulkar and cried.
- He made his first test cricket century in 2007 against England, four years after his debut in test cricket.
- Three years later he made his Test debut against England, taking 7/66 which were the best bowling figures for a West Indian in his first Test since 1950.
- Sammy is the only captain to have won World T20 twice.
- He captained West Indies to the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 victory against Sri Lanka, West Indies’ first major trophy for 8 years.
- The Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa offered the all-rounder honorary Pakistani citizenship in response to a special request by Peshawar Zalmi ownership. Sammy played for Peshawar Zalmi in the inaugural Pakistan Super League in 2016. In the 2016 PSL draft, he was retained by Peshawar Zalmi. Shahid Afridi made Sammy the new captain of Peshawar Zalmi. The club won the second edition of the Pakistan Super League in 2017.
- Sammy has a reputation for bowling long spells and his medium-fast pace bowling is used to support strike bowlers.