Chris Gayle (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Christopher Henry Chris Gayle is a batsman of the West Indies team and is very famous worldwide for his destructive batting. Gayle captained the West Indies’ Test side from 2007 to 2010. Considered one of the greatest batsmen in limited-overs cricket, Gayle has set numerous records across all three formats of cricket.
Name: Christopher Henry Gayle
Nickname:Crampy, Gayleforce, Master Storm, GayleStorm, Universe Boss
Profession: West Indies Cricketer (Batsman)
DOB: September 21, 1979
Birth Place: Kingston, Jamaica
Home Town: Kingston, Jamaica
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Dancing, driving
Debut Work:Test- 16 March 2000 against Zimbabwe, ODI- 11 September 1999 against India, T20- 16 February 2006 against New Zealand
Coach: Not Known
Domestic/State Team: Barisal Burners, Dhaka Gladiators, Jamaica, Jamaica Tallawahs, Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars, Matabeleland Tuskers, Melbourne Renegades, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Somerset, Stanford Superstars, Sydney Thunder, Worcestershire
Jersey Number: #45 (West Indies), #333 (IPL, County)
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm off-break
Nature on field: Aggressive
Height: 188 centimetres
Weight: 95 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 44 Inches, Waist Measurements: 35 Inches, Biceps: 15 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Natasha Berridge (Partner)
GF: Not Known
Father: Dudley Gayle (policeman)
Mother: Not Known
Brother/ Sister: 6 siblings (Gayle is the 5th one) i.e. Vanclive ‘Father Bulla’ Parris, Wayne Gayle (Younger)
School:Excelsior High School (Jamaica)
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Grade 10
Cars: GL 63 AMG – Mercedes, Land Cruiser V8
Bikes: Harley Davidson FXSTSB Bad Boy
Property: Not Known
Salary: IPL (2018): 2 Crore rupees (estimate), $7.5 million/ year
Net Income: $35 million (estimate)
Film: Rambo (Series)
Actor: Not Known
Actress: Not Known
Song: Not Known
Cricketer: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Chris Gayle
- He is well known for hitting sixes.
- In 2012 he became the first player to hit a six off the first ball of a Test match.
- He is one of only four players who have scored two triple centuries at Test level: 317 against South Africa in 2005, and 333 against Sri Lanka in 2010.
- Gayle became the first batsman in World Cup history to score a double century when he reached 200 off 138 balls against Zimbabwe during the 2015 World Cup. He finished on 215 runs, which was the record for highest score in a World Cup until it was broken.
- He is one of the five players to score a double century in ODIs.
- In March 2016, Gayle became only the second player to hit two Twenty20 International hundreds, scoring 100 not out against England.
- Gayle started his cricket career with the famous Lucas Cricket Club in Kingston, Jamaica. Lucas Cricket Club’s nursery has been named in honor of Gayle.
- In the 2011 Champions League Twenty20, Chris Gayle was the second highest run-scorer in the competition, behind David Warner, with 257 runs from 6 matches at an average of 42.83 and a top score of 92, and was one of the star players.
- Gayle has scored 40 international centuries, which includes 15 Tests, 23 ODIs and 2 T20I centuries. He is the first cricketer to score centuries in all formats of the game.