AB de Villiers (Cricketer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
AB de Villiers is an international cricketer of the South African team. The cricketer is a middle order batsman and his batting is dreaded by bowlers. He plays for the South African national team and Titans in domestic cricket. He started his career as a batsman and wicket keeper but later was seen only batting. He is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world.
Name: Abraham Benjamin de Villiers
Nickname:AB, Mr. 360, Mr. Awesome
International Cricketer (Plays for South Africa)
DOB: February 17, 1984
Birth Place:Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa
Nationality: South African
Home Town: Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa
Home Address: Not Known
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Writing songs, playing guitar
AB de Villiers with wife
Debut Work:ODI- 2 February 2005 against England, Test- 17 December 2004 against England, T20- 24 February 2006 against Australia
Coach: Not Known
Domestic/State Team: Northerns, Titans, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils, Barbados Tridents
Jersey Number: #17
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm medium
Nature on field: Calm
Height: 177 centimetres
Weight: 77 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 40 Inches, Waist Measurements: 33 Inches, Biceps: 12 Inches
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Wife: Danielle Swart
GF: Not Known
Father: Abraham Benjamin (Doctor)
Mother: Millie (Property dealer)
Brother: Jan, Wessels (Elder)
AB de Villiers parents
School: Afrikaanse Hoër Seunskool, Pretoria, South Africa
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
Property: Not Known
Salary: IPL- $1.1 Million (RCB), $1, 40,000 / year
Net Income: $14 million (estimate)
Film: A River Runs Through It, Gladiator
Actor: Brad Pitt
Actress: Kate Beckinsale
Song: Not Known
Cricketer: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Ab De Villiers
- De Villiers holds many batting records, including the world’s fastest ODI 50, 100 and 150, the fastest Test century by a South African and the fastest T20I 50 by a South African.
- He plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League.
- He began his international career as a wicket-keeper/batsman, but has played most often as a batsman.
- He is noted as one of the most innovative batsmen in the modern game.
- De Villiers is noted for many unorthodox shots behind the wicket-keeper and slips, which earned him the nickname Mr. 360.
- As of 2016, he has passed 8,000 runs in both Test and ODI cricket and has a batting average of over fifty in both forms of the game.
- De Villiers captained South Africa in all formats, but since his injuries, he stepped down from Test captaincy and continued in limited over formats.
- However, with defeats in the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy and England series, he stepped down from limited over captaincy as well.
- AB de Villiers wanted to become a doctor like his father, in his childhood days and science project even got the national science award by Late Nelson Mandela.
- Tied with Rohit Sharma and Chris Gayle, he holds the record for maximum sixes in an ODI (16).
- He holds the record for most test innings (78) without any duck.
- He is a devout Christian and has stated that his faith is crucial to his approach to life.
- He is also an accomplished guitar player and a singer. In 2010, he released a bilingual pop album entitled Maak Jou Drome Waar with Ampie du Preez.
- He is also a self-admitted Manchester United fan, having followed the club since Ryan Giggs’s debut.
- AB de Villiers is one of the most successful batsmen in the Indian Premier League. In the fourth season, he was contracted by Royal Challengers Bangalore for US$1.1 million.