Russell Mehta Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
The managing director of the Indian arm, Rosy Blue India, of the family-owned Belgian/Indian diamond company Rosy Blue, Russell Arunbhai Mehta is an Indian businessman. Rosy Blue is ranked in the top six diamond companies of India. His father is the chairman of the company-Rosy Blue and Russell is the managing director.
Russell Mehta is married to Mona, and they have three children. In May 2017, their youngest daughter Divya Mehta married Ayush Jatia, son of Amit Jatia who holds the McDonald’s franchise for the west and south of India through his company, Hardcastle Restaurants. Their eldest daughter Shloka Mehta is a director of the Rosy Blue Foundation, and is due to wed Akash Ambani, the son of billionaire Mukesh Ambani, in 2018.
Name: Russell Mehta
Birth Place: Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
Home Town: Bhavnagar, Gujarat
Home Address: South Mumbai, Maharashtra
Russell Mehta with wife Nisha Mehta
- Russell Mehta holds a B.com degree from Mumbai University and a Diploma in Diamonds Russell’s father, Arunkumar Ramniklal Mehta, began trading diamonds with a label ‘B Arunkumar‘ more than 50 years ago.
- Their company is now renamed as Rosy Blue, which continues to be the leading, trusted and successful suppliers in the diamond industry.
- Over the time, Rosy Blue has become one of the largest names in the global diamond industry.
- They have their own retail diamond jewelry brand- Orra.
- They own more than 30 stores in all over India and holds their presence in 12 other countries around the world.
- As per records, their company Rosy Blue took Appleby’s help to intervene in a bank fraud that targeted one of its offshore entities.
- They also show that Rosy Blue reached an out-of-court settlement in September 2010 that involved assurances of payment of up to $14 million.
- He was one the six alleged beneficiaries of a trust and his name came got highlighted when in 2016 Bombay High Court suspended their writ- petition filed by an NRI (an alleged beneficiary of the same trust linked to an account with HSBC Geneva) in order to escape the investigation by tax Indian authorities.
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Mona Mehta
Kids: Diya Mehta, Shloka Mehta, Viraj Mehta
Father: Arun Ramniklal Mehta
Brother: Ragin Mehta
Russell Mehta with family
Russell Mehta daughter Shloka Mehta
College (Graduation): Mumbai University
College (Post-Graduation): NA
Net Income: INR 4000 Crore
Russell Mehta’s daughter Shloka Mehta with fiance Akash Ambani
More facts and information about Russell Mehta
- He owns a retail diamond jewelry brand Orra, which has more than 30 stores in India and successful trade in with 12 other countries.
- Russell company, Rosy Blue, has an approximate turnover of 4000 crores every year.
- He is the managing director of Rosy Blue, one of the world’s largest diamond jewelry companies.
- Russell Mehta was born into a Gujarati family in Bhavnagar and his father used to do cotton farming initially.
- More than 50 years ago, their company began trading as ‘B Arunkumar’ and still continues to be a leading, trusted and successful suppliers in the diamond industry.
- Rosy Blue has more than 30 stores in all over India and they also have a stronghold in the international market as they have their diamond trade in 12 other countries around the world.