Urmila Matondkar (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Urmila Matondkar is an Indian film actress chiefly known for her work in Bollywood films but has also performed in Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam language films. She is mainly known for her work in the thriller film categories, and is mentioned in the media as a sex symbol. She is one of the most significant celebrities in India and has received abundant honours, including one Filmfare Award among seven nominations. Her film roles backed a then-new individuality for a Hindi film heroine, in which she was recognized for her strong style and dancing skills.
Name: Urmila Matondkar
Nickname: Not Known
DOB: February 4, 1974
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 93/14, Lokhandwala Road, Andheri West, Mumbai
Best Friends: Manish Malhotra, Paulomi Sanghvi
Hobbies: Reading, listening to music
Debut Work: As a child actress: Kalyug (1980), Lead Role: Narasimha (1991)
Movies: Tehzeeb (2003), Pinjar (2003), Naina (2005), Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara (2005), Bas Ek Pal (2006), Ajoba (2014)
TV Serials: Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa Season 2, Waar Parivar
Height: 161 centimetres
Weight: 52 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Mohsin Akhtar Mir (model, businessman)
BF: Ram Gopal Varma (Director)
Father: Shivinder Singh (lecturer)
Mother: Rukshana Sultana
Sister: Mamta Matondkar (actress), Pooja Matondkar
School: Not Known
College (Graduation): Pune University, Pune, Maharashtra
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: B.A. in Philosophy
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Plush house in Mumbai
Movies: 1-2 Crore rupees (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $20 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Aamir Khan
Song :Not Known
More Information and Facts about Urmila Matondkar
- The daughter of a lecturer, actress Urmila Matondkar’s next film after her debut, Masoom (1983), which is about a family coping with an illegitimate member, showed her acting talents and she received critical acclaim.
- She afterwards appeared in a number of films like Dacait (1987), where she plays Sunny Deol’s under-aged sister who gets brutally raped.
- Urmila Matondkar then made her debut as an adult actress in Narasimha (1991).
- No matter what films she did, her equivalent actresses Manisha Koirala and Raveena Tandon touched the peak of their popularity with hit after hit and success seemed to evade her.
- Then she did Rangeela (1995), which came as an energizing surprise and Urmila gave a splendid performance along actors Aamir Khan and Jackie Shroff. With Rangeela Urmila transformed sensuality on the Indian screen which is what most actresses hadn’t accomplished even after a dozen hits.
- Her performance in Satya (1998) as anunassertive girl whose boyfriend gets sucked into the Bombay underworld is one of her best ever performances.
- Since 2000, she began to play characters of complexity and substance especially in the films Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya… (2001), Om Jai Jagadish (2002), Pinjar (2003), Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara (2005) and Banaras (2006).
- Urmila Matondkar is known as one of Bollywood’s most versatile actresses.
- After Sridevi, she is known to have the played the most wide-ranging characters next to Tabu and Mahima Chaudhry.
- She is well known for her sensational dance numbers.
- She has played three diverse negative parts in ‘Kaun’ where she was a sociopath, in ‘Pyar Tune Kya Kiya’ where she plays a desperate woman and in ‘Om Jay Jagadish’ where she plays the haughty and uptight wife and daughter-in-law.
- Urmila Matondkar has played a semi-negative role in ‘Bhoot’.
- She was very good at academics in school and has been awarded the scholarship (state wide conducted examination).
- She bears a striking resemblance to Geeta Bali.
- Urmila Matondkar starred in the shelved film “Prem Shakti” opposite Krishen Kumar in 1993.