Sushmita Sen (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Sushmita Sen is an Indian film actress, model and the winner of the Miss Universe pageant of 1994. She had the honour if being the first Indian woman to win the crown. She started her Bollywood journey with the Hindi film Dastak and rose to stardom with the Tamil musical Ratchagan working with Nagarjuna. Her roles are critically much-admiredin Sirf Tum (1999) and the comedy Biwi No.1 (1999). The latter earned her the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award. She has also acted in commercially successful films such as Aankhen (2002), Main Hoon Na (2004) and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005). She received critical acclaim for her female-oriented roles in films such as Filhaal… (2002), Samay: When Time Strikes (2003), Chingaari (2005), Zindaggi Rocks (2006) and Aag (2007).
Name: Sushmita Sen
Nickname: Sush, Titu
Profession: Actress, Model, Beauty Pageant Winner
DOB: November 19, 1975
Birth Place: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Home Town: Kolkata, West Bengal
Home Address: 6th Floor, Beach Queen, Yari Road, Versova, Andheri West, Mumbai
Best Friends: Salman Khan
Hobbies: writing, jet skiing, biking, adventure sports
Debut Work: Dastak (1996)
Movies: Filhaal… (2002), Samay: When Time Strikes (2003), Chingaari (2005), Zindaggi Rocks (2006) and Aag (2007)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 52 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Vikram Bhatt (Director), Sanjay Narang (Businessman), Sabeer Bhatia (Entrepreneur), Randeep Hooda (Actor), Imtiaz Khatri (Businessman), Manav Menon (Ad-filmmaker), Bunty Sachdeva (Businessman), Mudassar Aziz (Director), Wasim Akram (Cricketer), Ritik Bhasin (Businessman)
Kids: Renee and Alisah (Adopted)
Father: Shubir Sen (retired Indian Air Force officer)
Mother: Subhra Sen (Jewelry Designer)
Brother/Sister: Rajeev Sen, Neelam Sen
School: Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, Delhi, Air Force Silver School, Delhi and St. Anns’s High School, Secunderabad, Telangana
College (Graduation): Not Known
College (Post-Graduation): Not Known
Educational Qualification: Graduate (English and Journalism)
Cars: BMW X6, Audi Q7
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: lavish property in Mumbai
Movies: 3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $2 million (estimate)
Actor: Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Arjun Rampal
Actress: Angelina Jolie
Song: Not Known
More Information ans Facts about Sushmita Sen
- Sushmita was born in a Bengali-speaking Sen family.
- Her family consists of her dad who is a former Indian Air Force Wing Commander; mom, Subhra who is a Jewelry Designer and owner of a Dubai-based store.
- She attended different schools in Jorhat, and Nagpur, but spend the majority of her schooling days in the Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute and Air Force Silver School in Delhi.
- She was thought to be as a tomboy and spent most of her times with boys. Since the schools were Hindi medium, she could not speak English until she was 16 years of age. She subsequently not only mastered English, but became an English Honors student, and also obtained a degree in Journalism. Due to her place of birth she can speak Urdu flawlessly.
- Her first public appearance was at the Air Force Club Contest at the age of 15. She did a few fashion shows thereafter.
- In 1994 she decided to be a participant in Miss India beauty pageant, fully aware that she was being pitted against the reigning favorite, Aishwarya Rai. Sushmita took everyone by surprise when she was crowned Miss India while Aishwarya had to content with being the First Runner-up. Both beauties went on to win Miss Universe and Miss World titles respectively.
- The final outfit for Miss Universe for Sushmita was made by a little-known Meena Bazar tailor, and her mom.
- She first appeared as herself in a Bollywood movie titled ‘Dastak’ in 1996. Though the movie did not fare too well, she was noticed and thus began her career on the silver screen. She has since then portrayed herself in a variety of characters and also some ‘item’ numbers.
- She was not considered a classic beauty and led quite an unconventional lifestyle where she ended up in many relationships but did not marry anyone. She sought to be a mother and to adopt a baby girl, and name her Renee. Since she is single, she had to fight a Court battle before she could finally adopt Renee. Finally on 13 April 2000 she was given the go-ahead to adopt her, even though the family-owned business in Dubai was already re-named as ‘Renee’ quite ironically a year earlier on 13 April 1999.
- She was crowned Miss India in 1994.
- She is the first Indian to win a Miss Universe Title in 1994.
- She won the best supporting actress award in the year 2000 for her role in ‘Biwi No. 1’ which was the biggest hit of 1999.
- She enjoys writing prose and poetry.
- Sushmita was listed as number 10 of ‘Top Bollywood Actresses’ of 2006.
- She has two adopted daughters that is Renée Sen (b.2000) and Alisah Sen (b.2009).
- She got the part in Main Hoon Na while working with Farah Khan in the song Mehboob Mere from Fiza.
- She starred in Deepak Shivdasani’s shelved film “A.A.A.” (2004) where Deepak denied the film being a remake of Charlie’s Angels.
- She starred in the shelved film “Zakham” (1997).
- She was engaged to Sanjay Narang (Son of Producer, Director, Actor).