Sonam Kapoor (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Sonam Kapoor is an Indian actress who acts in Bollywood films. She has received several awards, including a Filmfare and a National Film Award. She appeared in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100. She is the daughter of actor Anil Kapoor. She was an assistant director to Sanjay Leela Bhansali on the film Black. Kapoor made her debut in Bhansali’s Saawariya (2007), for which she was nominated for a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Her first commercial success was her film I Hate Luv Storys (2010).
Name: Sonam Kapoor
Nickname: Sana, Seniorand Giraffe
Profession: Actress and Assistant Director
DOB: June 9, 1985
Birth Place: Chembur, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai, also a house in BKC, Mumbai
Best Friends: Jacqueline Fernandez, Anushka Sharma
Hobbies: Reading, shopping, playing video games, playing squash and writing
Debut Work: Saawariya (2007)
Movies: Neerja (2016), Dolly Ki Doli (2015), Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015), Bewakoofiyaan (2014), Khoobsurat (2014), Ambikapathy (2013), Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013), Raanjhanaa (2013), Players (2012)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 177 centimetres
Weight: 57 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Sahir Berry (Entrepreneur, Model), Punit Malhotra (Director), Anand Ahuja (Entrepreneur)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Anil Kapoor (Actor)
Mother: Sunita Kapoor
Brother/ Sister: Harshvardhan Kapoor (Actor), Rhea Kapoor (Producer)
School: Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai
College (Graduation): University of Mumbai, Mumbai, University of East London, London
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science
Cars: Audi Q7, BMW 7 Series
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: a lavish duplex apartment in Signature Island, located in Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), Mumbai.
Movies: 3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
Film: The Godfather (1972), Titanic (1997), Romeo and Juliet (1968), The Bridges of Madison County (1995), Gone with the Wind (1939), The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988), Chinatown (1974), Schindler’s List (1993), The Help (2011), City of God (2002), Children of Heaven (1997), Pather Panchali (1955), Guide (1965), Bobby (1973), Bandini (1963), Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Pyaasa (1957), Saraswatichandra (1968), Sujata (1960), Mughal-E-Azam (1960), Mother India (1957), Guddi (1971), Shahenshah (1988), Chaalbaaz (1989), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Mr. India (1987), Ram Lakhan (1989), Tezaab (1988), Pukar (2000), Beta (1992), Eeshwar (1989), Lamhe (1991), Virasat (1997), Woh 7 Din (1983), Karma (1986), 1942: A Love Story (1994), Parinda (1989), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), Devdas (1955), Devdas (2002), Black (2005), Saawariya (2007), Delhi-6 (2009), Aisha (2010), Raanjhanaa (2013), Khoobsurat (2014), Rang De Basanti (2006), Taare Zameen Par (2007), Fashion (2008), No One Killed Jessica (2011), The Dirty Picture (2011), PK (2014), Haider (2014), Queen (2013) and Mardaani (2014)
Actor: Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale
Actress: Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Tabu, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and Priyanka Chopra
Song: Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye from Jurm (1990), Raat Kali Ek Khwab Mein from Buddha Mil Gaya (1971), Over the Rainbow from The Wizard of Oz (1939), Don’t Cry for Me Argentina by Julie Covington and Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra, Choli Ke Peeche from Khal Nayak (1993), Aaj Main Upar from Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein from Kabhie Kabhie (1976), Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To from 1942: A Love Story (1994) and We Found Love by Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris
More Information about and Facts Sonam Kapoor
- Sonam was named the “Best Dressed Celebrity” of 2009 by People’s Magazine. Sonam is associated with prestigious brands like L’Oreal Paris, Electrolux, Spice Mobile, Mont Blanc and Anant Diamond Jewellery.
- She is the niece of film-maker Boney Kapoor, and actor, Sanjay Kapoor. Boney’s wife is film actress Sridevi. Her cousin, Arjun Kapoor, Boney’s son, is an up and coming movie director and actor.
- Sonam’s style influences include Cate Blanchett, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn, Coco Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Zeenat Aman, Meena Kumari, Sharmila Tagore and Lady Gaga.
- She is a person of diverse interests and loves to read, write, paint, go shopping, and play video games, basket-ball and squash. She is also proficient in Hindi, English and Punjabi.
- Sonam was never interested in acting. Direction and writing were her basic interests, but Sanjay Leela Bhansali showed so much confidence in her that he wanted her to be in his film.
- She supports various charities and causes, such as raising awareness of breast cancer and LGBT rights. She is known in the media for her outspoken personality, is frequently credited as one of Bollywood’s most fashionable celebrities, and is a prominent celebrity endorser for brands and products.
- Khoobsurat (2014) and Dolly Ki Doli (2015) earned her Filmfare Award for Best Actress nominations. Kapoor’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time. She also received the National Film Award – Special Mention and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for biographical thriller Neerja (2016) which became one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films with a female as a protagonist.
- Kapoor’s first job was as a waitress at age 15, although it lasted only a week.
- Kapoor was diagnosed with insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian disease, and has since begun an initiative to increase awareness of diabetes.
- Sonam Kapoor had an appearance in the music video of Coldplay’s “Hymn for the Weekend” (featuring Beyoncé).
- Kapoor is all set to play one of the lead roles in Shashanka Ghosh’s Veere Di Wedding, a romantic comedy about four girls who decide to go on a trip from Delhi to Europe. She has completed filming R. Balki’s Padman starring alongside Akshay Kumar, and also Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju.
- She endorsed brands such as Colgate, Electrolux, Lux, Mont Blanc, Oppo Mobile, Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A. and Signature. She is the Indian ambassador for L’Oréal. She was named Brand Ambassador of the Year at the NDTV Good Times Gadget Guru Awards. She received ₹30 million for each endorsement, which in turn makes her one of the highest-paid celebrity endorsers in India.
- Kapoor auctioned some of her clothes on stylist Pernia Qureshi’s online fashion boutique, Pernia’s Pop-Up Shop, whose proceeds were donated to Smile Foundation, a child-welfare organisation. In 2014, she attended a charitable art exhibition organised by the Rouble Nagi Art Foundation where she donated clothing and accessories to a website raising funds for In Defence of Animals. She also walked the ramp in a fashion show by Manish Malhotra for the Mijwan Welfare Society, an NPO for the purpose of empowering girls. She is a part of a music video for “Dheere Dheere”, whose profits were contributed to donations.