Sonakshi Sinha (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian film actress who is a daughter of performers Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha. Sinha made her acting debut in Dabangg (2010), which won her all the Debut awards including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Sinha has acted in top-grossing films including Rowdy Rathore (2012), Son of Sardaar (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012) and Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty (2014). She received critical acclaim for her portrayal of a woman suffering from tuberculosis in Lootera (2013), for which she received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Name: Sonakshi Sinha
DOB: June 2, 1987
Birth Place: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Patna, Bihar, India
Home Address: 49, Ramayan, 9th Road, JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai
Best Friends: Karan Johar, Manish Malhotra
Hobbies: Photography, reading, yoga and dancing
Debut Work: Dabangg (2010)
Movies: Rowdy Rathore (2012), Son of Sardaar (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty (2014), Akira (2016), Force 2 (2016)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 169 centimetres
Weight: 69 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Aditya Shroff (of Fame cinemas)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Shatrughan Sinha (Actor and Politician)
Brothers: Luv Sinha, Kush Sinha
School: Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Graduate in Fashion Designing
Cars: BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo (GT), Mercedes Benz, Audi and Mini Cooper
Bikes: Not Applicable
House :Mumbai house worth 11.3 Crore rupees
Movies: 4 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
Film: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Zoolander, Primal Fear, About A Boy, Love Actually, Notting Hill
Actor: Hrithik Roshan, Russel Peters
Actress: Sridevi, Rekha, Rani Mukerji
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Sonakshi Sinha
- Sonakshi Sinha started her career as a costume designer, designing the costumes for films such as Mera Dil Leke Dekho in 2005.
- She made her acting debut in the 2010 film Dabangg starring opposite Salman Khan which went on to become the highest-grossing film of 2010 and ultimately emerged as an all-time blockbuster. It is said that Sinha had to lose 30 kg in preparation for the role.
- Sinha’s film Prabhu Deva’s Rowdy Rathore, opposite Akshay Kumar which had a strong opening at the box office, collecting approx. ₹150.6 million on the first day and eventually became a blockbuster.
- Her forthcoming films are Golmaal in New York, along Diljit Dosanjh.
- She’s also shooting for Happy Bhag Jayegi 2. The film is slated to release in the mid-late 2018.
- She hasDabbang 3, along Salman Khan and the film’s shooting will start in the Mid 2018, and is slated to release in 2019. She also has the Nikhil Advani’s to be directed film based on the infamous Batra House in Delhi.
- Sonakshi Sinha is a professed animal lover, and she had posed for a PETA campaign advocating the adoption and sterilization of dogs and cats. She has starred in a one-minute video PSA, urging everyone to adopt animals and have them sterilised.
- When the media commented on her resemblance to her father’s former co-star Reena Roy, she and Reena have stated that there is no resemblance and that Sonakshi looks like her mother
- One of her wishes is performing action sequences in the film. Her wish came true with AR Murugadoss’s ‘Akira’.
- Sonakshi Sinha has been turning heads with her impeccable sense of fashion and it seems that the actress is planning to launch her own fashion line. While she was studying fashion, she had thought of joining a magazine or becoming a stylist.