Shruti Haasan (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Shruti Haasan is an Indian film actress and singer who has workedin Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films. She is the daughter of veteran actors Kamal Haasan and Sarika Thakur. Shruti has received three Filmfare Awards and has established herself as one of the leading actresses of South Indian cinema. Haasan topped the list of most desirable women in a poll conducted by Chennai Times.
Name: Shruti Rajalakshmi Haasan
Profession: Actress, Singer
DOB: January 28, 1986
Birth Place :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Home Town: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Home Address: A flat in Bandra, Mumbai
Best Friends: Tamannaah Bhatia
Hobbies: Dancing, singing, reading, writing
Debut Work: Hey Ram (2000, as a child actor), Luck (2009, Bollywood), Anaganaga O Dheerudu (2011, Telugu), 7aum Arivu (2011, Tamil), Singing: “Potri Paadadi Ponne” (Thevar Magan)
Movies: Oh My Friend (2011), 7aum Arivu (2011), Gabbar Singh (2012), Vedalam (2015), Srimanthudu (2015) and Singam 3 (2017)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF:Siddharth (Actor), Dhanush (Actor, Rumour), Michael Corsale (a theatre actor from London)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Kamal Haasan (Actor, Filmmaker)
Mother: Sarika Thakur (Actress)
Sister: Akshara Haasan (Actress)
School: Abacus Montessori School, Chennai
College (Graduation): St. Andrew’s College, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Degree in Psychology
Cars: Range Rover Sport
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: bungalow in Mumbai and Chennai
Movies: 2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $7 million (estimate)
Film: Mughal-E-Azam, The Godfather
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Kamal Haasan, Rajnikanth, Ram Charan
Actress: Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit
Song: Music of Brandon Boyd
More Information and Facts aboutShruti Haasan
- Haasan appeared in a guest role in her father’s Hey Ram (2000) and made her adult acting debut in the 2009 Bollywood film Luck.
- She won critical acclaim for her role in the Walt Disney fantasy film in Telugu, Anaganaga O Dheerudu (2011), Oh My Friend (2011) and her Tamil debut 7aum Arivu (2011).
- Her commercially successful Hindi films include Ramaiya Vastavaiya (2013), Gabbar Is Back (2015) and Welcome Back (2015).
- Haasan is an established playback singer in India. For her songs, she has received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Tamil and the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Telugu nominations for the songs “Kannazhaga Kaalazhaga”, from the film 3 (2012), “Yeandi Yeandi”, from the film Puli (2015) and “Junction Lo”, from the film Aagadu (2014).
- She began her career as a music director with her father’s making Unnaipol Oruvan and had her own music band and album.
- In 2015, she started working in S3, with Suriya, for the second time and also signed for another Telugu film Premam, opposite Naga Chaitanya. In Feb 2017, she was signed for Sangamithra, which is to be directed by Sundar. C. After promoting the film at Cannes, she opted out of the film.
- Shruti Haasan was finalized as the music composer of the Tamil film Unnaipol Oruvan, which was released in 2009. The bilingual film was a remake of the Hindi film A Wednesday!. The soundtracks of both the projects are separate.
- Shruti is also the vocalist of an alternative rock band, The Extramentals.
- Shruti Haasan was signed as a brand ambassador for the electrical appliance company Lloyd and also endorses Emami Navratna cool talc.
- At Edison Awards, she won the Best Introduced Music Director award for Unnaipol Oruvan.
- At Filmfare Awards South, she won Best Female Debut for Anaganaga O Dheerudu and at CineMAA Awards, she won Best Female Debut for the same.
- At Asiavision Awards, Shruti won an award for Excellence in Tamil.
- In 2013, at SIIMA, she won Stylish Actress of South Indian Cinema along with Pride of South Indian Cinema. At CineMAA Awards, she won Best Actress – Telugu for Gabbar Singh. In 2015, at the Filmfare Awards South, she won Best Actress – Telugu for Race Gurram. At SIIMA, she won Best Actress – Telugu for the same and at IIFA Utsavam, she won an award for Performance In A Leading Role – Female for Srimanthudu. Later, in 2016 at SIIMA, Shruti bagged the award for Best Actress – Telugu for the abovementioned film.