Shilpa Shetty (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Shilpa Shetty or Shilpa Kundra, is an Indian film actress, businesswoman, producer and former model who is the winner of the British reality television series Celebrity Big Brother 5. She is mainly known for her work in Hindi films but has also appeared in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada language films. Shilpa is one of India’s most popular and high-profile celebrities; Shetty is the receiver of numerous awards, including four Filmfare Award nominations.
Name: Shilpa Shetty Kundra
Nickname: Manya, Honey bunch, Babucha, Silly Pooh
Profession: Actress, Model, Producer, Entrepreneur, Author
DOB: June 8, 1975
Birth Place: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Home Town: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Home Address: Shilpa Shetty Foundation, Bungalow No. 158, SVP Nagar, Near Janki Devi School, Behind Telehone Exchange, MHADA Versova, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400 053
Best Friends: Tabu, Huma Qureshi, Anil Kapoor
Hobbies: Dancing, cooking, working out, yoga
Debut Work: Baazigar (1993)
Movies: Pardesi Babu (1998), Rishtey (2002) and Life in a… Metro (2007)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 170 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Kids: Viaan Raj Kundra
Father: Surendra Shetty (water caps manufacturer), Anubhav Sinha (director)
Mother: Sunanda (water caps manufacturer)
Sister: Shamita Shetty (Actress)
School: St. Anthony Girls’ High School, Chembur, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Podar College, Matunga, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: House in Mumbai
Movies: 1-2 Crore rupees/film(estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income:$14 Million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Jackie Chan, Tom Cruise
Actress: Sridevi, Neetu Singh
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Shilpa Shetty
- Shilpa Shetty was nominated for her first film Baazigar (1993).
- In 1994, she delivered another hit Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994) where she starred with Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan.
- Then in 1998, ‘Pardesi Babu’ was released and people noticed her again. Two years after that she finally delivered a super hit, ‘Dhadkan’.
- In 2002, she had several releases and films like ‘Hathyar’ and ‘Rishtey’. They hardened her status as a brilliant actress.
- In 2004, her performance in ‘Phir Milenge’ brought her to the top actress list.
- Along with working with top actors, she has also worked with top actresses such as Juhi Chawla, Raveena Tandon, Manisha Koirala, Tabu, Kajol, Mahima Chaudhry and Konkona Sen Sharma.
- Her versatile roles include ‘Baazigar’ where she played a naive college student, in ‘Aag’ where she played a charming village girl, in ‘Main Khiladi Tu Anari’ where she was a street dancer, in ‘Himmat’ a seductive cop, in ‘Dus’ an anti-terrorist agent, in ‘Fareb’ a doctor and housewife, in ‘Phir Milenge’ an HIV positive, in ‘Pardesi Babu’ a delightful city girl, in ‘Dhadkan’ she is forced to deceive her lover, in ‘Khamosh’ a prostitute, in ‘Jung’ anastonishing club dancer, in ‘Tarkieb’ a promiscuous army nurse, in ‘Rishtey’ a comical and heartrending performance as a fisher woman, in ‘Darna Mana Hai’ a housewife troubled by apples and in ‘Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar’ a negative role where she plays a model turned homemaker.
- She is also recognized as anelegant dancer.
- Shilpa Shetty laughed a lot when she was young. She still laughs most of the time.
- Shilpa was her school team’s baseball captain. She is a black belt karate champion. She actively participated in her father’s chemical business. Acting was the only thing she had not tried her hand at.
- Shilpa is known to have a great sense of humor and has the capacity to crack jokes on herself.
- Shilpa’s favorite actors include Tom Cruise and Jackie Chan.
- Shilpa’s way of spending a holiday would be to wake up late, cook, watch some movies, work out and devote time to her family.
- She is also a huge fan of prints, especially Tiger and Leopard prints. Her room is filled with all the different kind of prints.