Shamita Shetty (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Shamita Shetty is an interior designer, actress and model. She is recignized as the younger sister of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty.She is known for films like Mohabbatein (2000), Cash (2007) and Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002) among a few others.
Name: Shamita Shetty
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Actress and Interior designer
DOB: February 2, 1979
Birth Place: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Home Town: Mumbai, India
Home Address: Bandra, Mumbai
Best Friends: her sister, Shilpa Shetty and others not from the film industry
Hobbies: Gymming, reading
Debut Work: Film Debut: Mohabbatein (2000), TV Debut: Bigg Boss 3 (2009)
Movies: Mohabbatein (2000), Saathiya (2002), Raajjiyam (2002), Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002), Pilisthe Palukutha (2003)
TV Serials: Bigg Boss 3 (2009), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded (2015)
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF:Harman Baweja (rumour)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Surendra Shetty
Mother: Sunanda Shetty
Sister: Shilpa Shetty
School:Saint Anthony’s Girls’ High School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Sydenham College, Mumbai,
College (Post-Graduation): SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Commerce, Diploma in Fashion Designing
Cars: a silver Audi 6
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: property in Mumbai
Movies: 70 Lakh rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $1 Million(estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh and R Madhavan
Actress: Aishwarya Rai
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Shamita Shetty
- Shamita graduated with a degree in Commerce from Sydenham College in Mumbai. Following that, she went ahead and completed a diploma course in Fashion Design from SNDT.
- She is the sister-in-law of Raj Kundra.
- Her mother Sunanda produced the film The Desire: A Journey of a Woman.
- Shamita Shetty altered her name from Sabita Shetty to Shamita Shetty for her acting job.
- She debuted in 2000 with the Yash Raj Films smash hit Mohabbatein, which was directed by Aditya Chopra.
- She typically found success in item numbers, counting “Sharara Sharara” in Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2001) and “Chori Pe Chori” in Saathiya (2002).
- Shetty was successful as an actress with her first leadrole hit Zeher.
- She acted once with her sister Shilpa Shetty in Fareb.
- She was a competitor on Bigg Boss (Season 3) on Colors TV even though she chose out of the show for her sister Shilpa’s wedding after staying for 6 weeks.
- In 2001, for Mohabbatein, she was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut, for the Screen Award for Best Female Debut, at the International Indian Film Academy Awards she won the Star Debut of the Year (Female) Award, at the Zee Cine Awards she was nominated for Best Female Debut. Then, in 2006, Zeher got her a nomination at the Stardust Awards for Star of the Year – Female.