Shahid Kapoor (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Shahid is an Indian actor who acts in Bollywood films and is the son of actors Pankaj Kapur and Neelima Azeem, Kapoor was born in New Delhi. Shahid Kapoor debuted in 2003 with a prominent role in Ishq Vishk, for which he won a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. He starred in Sooraj Barjatya’s Vivah (2006) which turned out to be a top-grossing film. Kapoor was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his role in Jab We Met (2007) and Kaminey (2009). R… Rajkumar (2013) became his highest-earning film and won the Best Actor award at Filmfare for Haidar. For the controversial Udta Punjab, he won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor.
Name: Shahid Kapoor
Profession: Actor, Assistant Director
DOB: February 25, 1981
Birth Place: New Delhi, India
Home Town: Family belongs to Punjab, lives in Mumbai
Home Address: Praneta Apartments, Juhu, Mumbai
Best Friends: Ankit Mohan, Sriram, Azeem, Ahmed Khan (choreographer)
Hobbies: Reading, dancing
Debut Work: Ishq Vishq (2003)
Movies: Padmavati (2017), Rangoon (2017), Udta Punjab (2016), Shaandaar (2015), Haider (2014), R… Rajkumar (2013), Phata Poster Nikhla Hero (2013), Teri Meri Kahaani (2012)
TV Serials: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded (2015)
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 70 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 30 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 15 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Mira Rajput
GF: Kareena Kapoor (Actress), Priyanka Chopra (Actress)
Kids: Misha Kapoor(2016)
Father: Pankaj Kapoor (Actor)
Mother: Neelima Azeem (Biological mother), Supriya Pathak (Step-mother)
Brothers/Sister: Ishaan Khattar, Ruhaan Kapoor, Sanah Kapoor
School: Gyan Bharati, Delhi (upto 4th class), Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Mithibai College, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Cars: Porsche Cayenne GTS, Mercedes-Benz GL-Class, Jaguar XKR-S, Range Rover Vogue
Bikes: Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Yamaha MT-01
House: various properties apart from his bungalow and apartment in Mumbai
Movies: 10-12 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 1.75 Crore rupees/episode
Net Income: $30 million (estimate)
Film: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983)
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Pankaj Kapur, Tom Cruise
Actress: Madhuri Dixit, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts
Song: Kahin Na Laage Mann
More Information and Facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Shahid’s parents divorced when he was three years old and his father shifted to Mumbai where he married the actress Supriya Pathak. Kapoor continued living in Delhi with his mother and maternal grandparents. Azeem married Rajesh Khattar and so, Kapoor continues to use the last name Khattar on his passport. He has a maternal half-brother from his mother’s marriage to Khattar. From his father’s marriage to Pathak, he has two paternal half-siblings.
- Shahid Kapoor was interested in dance from an early age, and at the age of 15, he joined Shiamak Davar’s dance institute. Kapoor appeared as a background dancer in the films Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) and Taal (1999), and Davar aided as choreographer.
- Kapoor starred with Amrita Rao in Sooraj Barjatya’s Vivah which was made on a ₹100 million, the film earned over ₹530 million worldwide, and turned out to be his highest-grossing film to that point.
- His film Haider gathered critical praise, but was controversial among Indian nationalists for its portrayal of the conflict in Kashmir.
- He began dating Kareena Kapoor during the filming of Fida in 2004and they both publicly spoke of the relationship.In fact, they were involved in a well-publicised scandal when pictures of them kissing in public were published. The couple separated in 2007 during the filming of Jab We Met. However, tabloids guessed at his relationships with several other actresses, including Vidya Balan and Priyanka Chopra.
- Shahid Kapoor practices vegetarianism, and praises the author Brian Hines’ book Life is Fair for influencing this lifestyle choice.
- He supports charitable organisations for various causes. In 2010, he took part in a charity event named Superstars Ka Jalwa to generate money for the employees of the Cine and Television Artists Association. He supported the NGO Swayamsiddh, which helps children with special needs. Also, he adopted three villages in support of NDTV’s Greenathon.
- He is considered one of the most attractive male celebrities in India, and frequently features in the British magazine Eastern Eye’s list of the “50 Sexiest Asian Men in the World”. He was ranked fourth in 2012 and 2013, and in 2017 he topped the list. He was ranked fifth on The Times of India’s list of the 50 most-desirable men (2014). Kapoor was named the sexiest vegetarian man of India and Asia-Pacific by PETA. The Indian edition of the Forbes’ “Celebrity 100” had him in the top 50.
- Kapoor is the celebrity ambassador for several brands and products, including Samsung, Elf Aquitaine and Colgate.
Image Source: Twitter/ Shahid Kapoor