Salman Khan (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Salman Khan is an Indian film actor, producer,singer and television personality and is the son of the legendary writer Salim Khan. His film career spans almost thirty years. Salman started his acting carrier in 1988 with a supporting role in the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988). In 1989, he had the leading role in the box office romantic hit Maine Pyar Kiya (1989). From there he became a heart throb of Indian cinema. Khan has received numerous awards, together with two National Film Awards and two Filmfare Awards.
Name: Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan (Real Name)
Nickname: Sallu, Bhaijan, Dabangg Khan, Blockbuster Khan, Rambo of India, The New King of Bollywood, The Sylvester Stallone of India, Controversial Khan, Tiger Khan, The Tiger of Bollywood, Muscle Khan, Blockbuster Star, Dabangg Star, Kick Star, Wanted Star, Robin Hood Khan, One Man Army
Profession: Actor, Producer, Singer
DOB: December 27, 1965
Birth Place: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Religion: Hinduism and Islam (Mother is a Hindu, Father believes in Islam)
Home Town: Mumbai, India
Home Address: Galaxy Apartments, Bandra, Mumbai
Best Friends: Sooraj Barjatya, Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan, Kabir Khan, Mini Mathur, David Dhawan, Govinda, Rani Mukerji, Jackie Shroff, Prabhu Deva, Karisma Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Farah Khan, Sajid-Wajid, Himesh Reshammiya, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Katrina Kaif, Bhushan Kumar, Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol, Shatrughan Sinha and family, Sushmita Sen, Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna Akkineni, Venkatesh Daggubati, Vikram, Mahesh Babu, Shriya Saran, Ram Charan Teja
Hobbies: Painting, Swimming
Debut Work: Biwi Ho To Aisi (supporting role), Marigold: An Adventure In India (Hollywood)
Movies: Saajan (1991), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Hum Aapke Hain Koun…! (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
TV Serials: 10 Ka Dum, Bigg Boss, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi
Height: 174 centimetres
Weight: 74 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 45 Inches, Waist Measurements: 35 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 17 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Sangeeta Bijlani (actress), Somy Ali (actress), Aishwarya Rai (actress), Katrina Kaif (actress), Faria Alam (former model & Football Association secretary), Lulia Vantur (actress)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Salim Khan (former screenwriter)
Mother: Sushila Charak, Helen (stepmother)
Brothers/Sisters: Sohail Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Alvira Khan, Arpita Khan
School: The Scindia School, Gwalior (M.P.) & St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra (Bombay)
College (Graduation): Not Attended
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Lexus LX 470, Mercedes Benz GL-Class, BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue, Audi R8, Audi Q7, W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class
Bikes: Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition motorbike, Suzuki Hayabusa
House: Farmhouse in Panvel, Raigad, Maharashtra and a house in Hydra Towers, Jumeriah Village, Dubai, properties in cities like Mumbai,Delhi, Noida and Chandigarh
Movies: 60 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 11 Crore rupees/episode (estimate)
Net Income: $300 Million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Sylvester Stallone, Dharmendra and Shatrughan Sinha
Actress: Hema Malini
Song: ‘Feel’ by Robbie Williams, ‘My Life’by Billy Joel, ‘The River of Dreams’ by Billy Joel, ‘With or Without You’ by U2
More Information and Facts about Salman Khan
- In 1998, Khan was arrested by police from the shooting location of the film Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United (1999), for killing protected wild animals and spent about a week behind the bars.
- He’s supposed to be facing trial in three cases of killing black bucks and Chinkaras and another of illegal possession of arms.
- In September 2002, Salman Khan was in the headlines after he crashed his Land Cruiser near the American Express bakery in Bandra, killing one man and injuring some people.
- In 2003, he gave his emotionally charged performance as playing an obsessed lover in Tere Naam (2003) that gathered a good response and had a good run at the box office.
- His work was noticed internationally in the movie Phir Milenge (2004) where he played the role of an AIDS patient. It was well appreciated by the World Health Organization (WHO) for manifesting the problems of AIDS patient in today’s world.
- In 2007, he launched Being Human, his own brand which is a charitable organization that aids the underprivileged in departments such as education and health-care.
- He starred in the multiple record breaking box office super-hit Dabangg (2010), Ready (2011) and Bodyguard (2011).
- He often visits sick children in hospitals, and also goes often to donate blood.
- Salman Khan was voted 7th best-looking man in the world by People Magazine.
- His favorite actor is Sylvester Stallone.
- Model turned actress Malaika Arora is his sister-in-law. Actor turned director Atul Agnihotri is his brother-in-law.
- He has a wax statue of himself in Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.
- He is known to be the maximum paid Bollywood Star.
- Salman Khan was the first Bollywood Star to work in the Hollywood film industry.
- He holds the record for having the utmost grossing film of the year 8 times.
- Salman Khan’s film Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2 broke all box office records upon their releases. It has the highest grossing first day amount as well as the first week. It is the quickest bollywood film to pass the 100 crore mark, achieving that in a record breaking 5 days.
- He is the solitary actor to have had ten back to back 100 Crore plus films. Dabangg (2010), Ready (2011), Bodyguard (2011), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Jai Ho (2014), Kick (2014), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Sultan (2016) and Tubelight (2017). His film Wanted (2009) grossed around 100 Crore plus at the Indian Box Office and also did abundant business at the International Box Office.
- In most of Salman’s films his character name has been Prem.
- Salman suffers from trigeminal neuralgia which is a facial nerve disorder commonly known as the suicide disease.
- He has painted the Jai Ho posters and is a talented artist. Salman is also passionate about photography.
- Salman has delivered Top 2 biggest grossers of the year three times. Hum Saath Saath Hain and Biwi No. 1 in 1999, Bodyguard and Ready in 2011, Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2 in 2012.
- Salman wears a locket inscribed with the Ayatul Kursi (verses from the Quran that are supposed to ward off all evil).
- Salman is the only Bollywood Star to have his 7 films earn more than Rs 100 crores in a row. Salman first entered the club with his cult film ‘Dabangg’ which made over Rs 143 crores. His next films ‘Ready’ (2011) and ‘Bodyguard’ (2011) crossed the Rs 100 crore mark with net collections of Rs 122 crore and Rs 145 crore respectively. His next film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ was followed by ‘Dabangg 2’ which made Rs 310 crore and Rs 251 crore, respectively.
- He went for a world tour concert with Aamir Khan, Juhi Chawla, in October 1992 to cities in Canada, America and England.
- He further went for a world tour concert with Dharmendra, Aamir Khan, Vivek Mushran and Pooja Bhatt in September 1993 to cities in Canada, America and England. He also went for a world tour concert with Bobby Deol, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, Sonali Bendre and Mallika Arora in April 2000 where they visited cities in Canada, America and England.