Saif Ali Khan (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Saif Ali Khan is an Indian film actor and producer who made a debut in Parampara (1993), but accomplished success with Yeh Dillagi (1994) and Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994). He rose to distinction with the releases of Dil Chahta Hai (2001) and Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003). Hum Tum(2004) earned him the National Film Award for Best Actor. Parineeta(2005) and Salaam Namaste (2005) established him as a leading actor in Bollywood.Khan has wona National Film Award and six Filmfare Awards, and was rewarded by The Government of India with the Padma Shri in 2010.
Name: Sajid Ali Khan (Real Name)
Nickname: Saifu, Chote Nawab, Nawab of Pataudi
Profession: Actor and Producer
DOB: August 16, 1970
Birth Place: New Delhi, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Fortune Heights in Bandra West, Mumbai
Best Friends: Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Govinda, Shah Rukh Khan and Mohnish Bahl
Hobbies: Reading graphic novels, playing guitar, travelling
Debut Work: Parampara (1993)
Movies: Chef (2017), Rangoon (2017), Dolly Ki Doli (2015), Phantom (2015), Happy Ending (2014), Humshakals (2014), Bullett Raja (2013), Go Goa Gone (2013), Race 2 (2013), Agent Vinod (2012)
TV Serials: Sacred Games (Upcoming)
Height: 173 centimetres
Weight: 75 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 34 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 16 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Amrita Singh (October 1991 – 2004) (divorced) (2 children) and Kareena Kapoor Khan (Present)
GF: Rosa Catalano, Anu Aggarwal (1989) (was engaged), Moon Moon Sen (1990) (was engaged)
Kids: Ibrahim Ali Khan, Sara Ali Khan, Taimur Ali Khan Pataudi
Father: Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Former Indian Cricketer)
Mother: Sharmila Tagore (Actress)
Sisters: Soha Ali Khan (Actress) and Saba Ali Khan (Fashion Designer)
School: Lawrence School, Sanawar and Lockers Park School, Hertfordshire, UK
College (Graduation): Winchester College, UK
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Not Known
Cars: Audi R8 Spyder, BMW 7 series, Lexus 470, Ford Mustang, Range Rover, Land Cruiser
Bikes: Harley Davidson
House: four-floor apartment duplex in Bandra
Movies: 15 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $40 million(estimate)
Film: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003), Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004), Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) and The Godfather (1972).
Actor: Robert De Niro
Actress: Sharmila Tagore
Song: Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
More Information and Facts about Saif Ali Khan
- Saif’s favorite TV shows are Entourage (2004), The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1984), Agatha Christie’s Poirot (1989), The Black Adder (1982), Prison Break (2005), 24 (2001), The X-Files (1993), Murder, She Wrote (1984), Who’s the Boss? (1984), Californication (2007), Modern Family (2009) and Friends (1994).
- Saif Ali Khan returned to India after graduating from boarding school and worked for an advertising firm in Delhi. He acted in the television commercial for Gwalior Suiting and was cast by director Anand Mahindroo in a project which in due course got cancelled but Khan moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in film.
- In 1991, Khan was cast as the male lead in Rahul Rawail’s Bekhudi (1992) alongside Kajol, but after the implementation of the first shooting schedule of the film, he was considered to be unprofessional by Rawail and was replaced by Kamal Sadanah.
- After an appearance in Imtihaan (1994), Khan starred in and received public recognition with his next two releases Yash Raj Films’ Yeh Dillagi and Main Khiladi Tu Anari.
- He won the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Hum Tum and was conferred the National Film Award for Best Actor at the 52nd National Film Awards. It marked the commencement of his work with Yash Raj Films.
- As of 2017, Khan has four films in several stages of production. He has completed filming for Akshat Verma’s Kaalakaandi and is currently filming the part of Shakun Kothari (a stockbroker) in Nikhil Advani’s rags to riches drama Baazaar, and the Netflix original series Sacred Games, based on Vikram Chandra’s novel of the same name. Furthermore, he has committed to star as an Afghan warrior in Navdeep Singh’s Soorma.
- Since October 2011, Saif Ali Khan has been managing his father’s eye hospital and has also made public appearances to support various other charitable causes. Khan participated in the 2005 HELP! Telethon Concert to raise money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami. In November 2008, Khan performed in a concert to raise money for the victims of the 2008 Bihar flood and in September 2013, he attended a charity dinner organized by The Venu Eye institute, donating two of his personal belongings to help raise funds for cataract operations. Later that year, he spent time with underprivileged kids during the filming of Bullett Raja. He was chosen as an ambassador for Olympic Gold Quest in 2014 and donated ₹2 million to help raise funds for the training of athletes.
- Saif Ali Khan’s relationship with Kareena Kapoor became one of the country’s most-reported celebrity stories, and they were itemized amongst the top celebrity couple endorsers for brands and products worldwide.
- Khan has featured on Forbes India’s “Celebrity 100”. In 2010 and from 2012 to 2014, was featured as one of the best-dressed male celebrities by the Indian edition of GQ magazine. He landed at the fifteenth position in 2012 and 2014 with a projected annual earning of ₹642 million and ₹629 million respectively. In 2003, Khan was on the fourth position on Rediff’s list of “Top Bollywood Male Stars”. Khan placed fifth on Rediff’s list of “Top 10 Actors of 2000–2010” in 2011. He was ranked among the top 30 on The Times of India’s listing of the “Most Desirable Men” from 2010 to 2015, and has furthermore featured in the UK magazine Eastern Eye’s “World’s Sexiest Asian Men” list in 2008, 2011 and 2012.