Riya Sen (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Riya Sen is an Indian film actress and model who belongs to a family of actors counting her grandmother Suchitra Sen, mother Moon Moon Sen and sister Raima Sen. She debuted in 1991 as a child actress in the film Vishkanya. Her first success in her film career was with Style in 2001. Some of her other prominent films are Jhankaar Beats (2003) in Hinglish, Shaadi No. 1 (2005) and Malayalam Ananthabhadram (2005).
Name: Riya Dev Varma
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Actress and Model
DOB: January 24, 1981
Birth Place: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Home Town: Mumbai, India
Home Address: Bandra, Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Hobbies: Jewellery-designing, Dancing, kickboxing
Debut Work: Hindi Film- Vishkanya (As a child artist) (1991), Style (As a lead actress) (2001), Tamil Film- Taj Mahal (2000)
Movies: Noukadubi (2011), Qayamat: City Under Threat (2003), Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha (2004)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 155 centimetres
Weight: 50 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Shivam Tewari
BF: Ashmit Patel (Actor), Salman Rushdie
Father: Bharat Dev Varma
Mother: Moon Moon Sen
School: Loreto House, Kolkata
College (Graduation): Rani Birla Girls’ College, Kolkata
College (Post-Graduation): National Institute of Fashion Technology
Educational Qualification: Graduate
House:property in Mumbai
Movies: 70 Lakh rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $1 Million (estimate)
Film: Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
Actor: Salman Khan
Actress: Aishwarya Rai
Song: Not Known
More Information and facts about Riya Sen
- Riya was first documented as a model when she performed in Falguni Pathak’s music video Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi at the age of sixteen (1998).
- She has also appeared in music videos, television commercials, fashion shows, and on magazine covers.
- Riya is an activist and has appeared in an AIDS awareness music video to dispel popular fables about the disease. She also helped raise funds for pediatric eye-care.
- During the filming of Shaadi No. 1 in France, she was knocked out cold after being accidentally run over by a motorbike, but she was alright.
- Before the release of Silsiilay, a 90-second video clip was distributed on Multimedia Messaging Services and the internet, showing the pair in compromising circumstances in a hotel bedroom. Then, the couple split up; although Riya denied that she was in the MMS clip.
- In 2007, she experienced a short-lived detoxification period in Bangkok for addiction to chocolate.