Raveena Tandon (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Raveena Tandon is an Indian actress, producer, and past model who has received one National Film Award and two Filmfare Awards. She got admiration for female-centric roles during the later part of her career. She has mainly worked in Bollywood films but has performed in a few Telugu, Tamil and Kannada films too. Tandon made her debut with Salman Khan in Patthar Ke Phool (1991) which got her a Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for her performance in the film.
Name: Raveena Tandon
Nickname: Ravs, Mast Mast Girl
DOB: October 26, 1974
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Nippon Society, Tandon House, Juhu Church, Mumbai
Best Friends: Arbaaz Khan
Hobbies: Reading and Dancing
Debut Work: Patthar Ke Phool (1992)
Movies: Dilwale (1994), Mohra (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996) and Ziddi (1997), Aks (2001), Satta (2003), Shool (1999) and Sandhya (2002)
TV Serials: Isi Ka Naam Zindagi, Chakk de Bacche and Comedy ka Maha Muqabla
Height: 168 centimetres
Weight: 58 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Anil Thadani (Film Distributor) BF: Ajay Devgan (Actor), Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Kids: Pooja (Adopted), Chhaya (Adopted), Rasha, Ranbir
Father: Ravi Tandon (Producer)
Mother: Veena Tandon Brother: Rajiv Tandon
School: Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Mithibai College, Mumbai (dropped)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Audi Q7, Jaguar
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: various flats in Mumbai
Movies: 2-3 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known Net Income: $7 million (estimate)
Film: Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Padosan
Actor: Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff
Actress: Neetu Singh
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Raveena Tandon
- During the 90s, she was part of numerous profitable projects such as Dilwale (1994), Mohra (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996) and Ziddi (1997).
- Her main prosperous period progressed in the early 2000s, when she attempted more serious roles and turned towards arthouse and parallel cinema.
- She got high critical approval for her acting in films like Aks (2001), Satta (2003), Shool (1999) and Sandhya (2002).
- Raveena was at the peak of her career in 2002, when she also got the National Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in Kalpana Lajmi’s Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001).
- She had established herself as a leading actress of Bollywood.
- She was a commercially successful actress of her time in Bollywood.
- She rose to prominence in the initial 2000s.
- She has also been involved with many social organizations.
- She went to the prominent Jamnabai Narsee School in Juhu, Mumbai, where she was Head Girl.
- Tandon won the “Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut” in in 1991.
- She has her own TV production unit RT Video.
- Raveena was offered Rani Mukherjee’s role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Karishma Kapoor’s role in Dil To Pagal Hai.
- She has a perfume named after her advertised by a Swiss firm.
- She was given the name Raveena by coalescing Ravi and Veena, her father and mother’s name repectively.
- She adopted 2 girls as a single-mother.
- She gave birth to her 3rd child at age 30 and to her 4th child at age 32.
- Her name was even deliberated for the movie Rangeela but she had taken a leaveat that point hence losing it.
- Raveena was the first choice of the 1992 hit movie “Darr” by Yash Chopra but opted out due to costume matters.
- She was offered Manisha Koirala’s role in Gupt and Pooja Batra’s role in Virasat.
- She starred in the abandoned Hollywood film “White Rainbow” by Linda and Dharan Mandrayer and Hannah Kirby in 2004.
- She starred in the shelved Hollywood film “Dreamcatcher”(2002) with a budget of under $1 million.
- Singer Shweta Shetty was used as her playback in songs as their voices matched.