Ranveer Singh (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Ranveer Singh is an Indian film actor who appears in Hindi films. He was awarded two Filmfare Awards and is among the highest-paid actors in India. Singh rose to prominence with starring roles in the highly praised Lootera (2013), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), Gunday (2014) and Dil Dhadakne Do (2015). Singh’s much-admired portrayal of Bajirao I in the historical romance Bajirao Mastani (2015), one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films and for which he won a number of accolades including the Filmfare Award for Best Actor, established him as a leading actor.
Name: Ranveer Singh Bhavnani
DOB: July 6, 1985
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 8th floor, Duplex Apartment, Opp. Khar Gymkhana Club, Khar (West), Mumbai
Best Friends: Arjun Kapoor
Hobbies: Collecting shoes & hats, playing football, video games
Debut Work: Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)
Movies: Lootera (2013), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), Gunday (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), Bajirao Mastani (2015)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 178 centimetres
Weight: 78 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurement: 43 Inches, Waist Measurement: 30 Inches, Bicep Measurement: 16 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Ahana Deol, Anushka Sharma (Actress), Deepika Padukone (Actress)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Jagjit Singh Bhavnani (Businessman)
Mother: Anju Bhavnani
Sister: Ritika Bhavnani
School: Learners’ Academy, Mumbai
College (Graduation): H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Arts
Cars: Mercedes-Benz E class, Aston Martin Rapide S, Range Rover, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Audi Q7, Buggati, Jaguar XJL
Bikes: Not Known
House: Flat worth 8 Crore rupees in Mumbai and multiple house properties
Movies: 10 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $15 million (estimate)
Film: Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, Sholay, Rang De Basanti, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Godfather, City Of God, Taxi Driver, The Prestige, Kill Bill
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan and Johnny Depp
Actress: Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox
Song: Music of Michael Jackson, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Beyonce
More Information and Facts about Ranveer Singh
- Ranveer’s debut film Band Baaja Baaraat earned approximately ₹214 million at the domestic box office. At the 56th Filmfare Awards, Singh won the award for Best Male Debut.
- His film Ladies vs Ricky Bahl earned ₹370 million domestically.
- The film Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela emerged as Singh’s biggest commercial success, with worldwide revenues of over ₹2 billion. He received several recognitions, including a Best Actor nomination at Filmfare for it.
- As of 2018, Singh has upcoming projects to star opposite Alia Bhatt in Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, a musical founded on the life of rappers living in Mumbai’s ghettos. He will also star in Rohit Shetty’s Simmba, a remake of the Telugu action film Temper, and in an upcoming documentary of the cricketer Kapil Dev, entitled 83.
- Ranveer Singh has endorsed 17 brands, including Adidas, Head & Shoulders, Ching’s, Jack & Jones, Durex, Thums Up and Kellogg Oats.
- Singh is a fan of football club Arsenal F.C.
- He always wanted to be an actor.
- Before acting, he worked as a copywriter in advertising agencies like O&M and JWT.
- After joining the film industry, he dropped his last name ‘Bhavnani’ from his screen name, as he thought it won’t sound like a superstar’s name.
- After the release of his debut film Band Baja Baraat, there were rumours that his father paid a whooping amount of 10 crores to the makers of the film.
- If not an actor, he would have liked to be a writer or a DJ.
- He is the first Bollywood actor who’s 4th film crossed 100 crore mark.
- He was initially offered the lead role in Bombay Velvet, but due to no dates available, the role went to Ranbir Kapoor.
- While doing a dangerous stunt on top of a house in the film Bajirao Mastani, he ripped the ligaments of his right shoulder, after which he was hurried to the hospital in Jaipur, where he had a surgery.
- Singh is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards: Best Male Debut for Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and Best Actor for Bajirao Mastani (2016). He has received a supplementary Best Actor nomination at the ceremony for Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013).