Ranbir Kapoor (Actor) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian actor who acts in Bollywood films. He also assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali on the film Black (2005), and made his acting debut with Bhansali’s Saawariya (2007) which unfortunately turned out to be a box office flop. Kapoor’s stardom shot up with his performances in Wake Up Sid (2009), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year (2009) and Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013).Rockstar (2011) and Barfi! (2012) got Ranbir Kapoor two successive Best Actor awards at Filmfare. Kapoor has become one of the most popular celebrities and one of the highest-paid actors in India.
Name: Ranbir Kapoor
Nickname: Daboo, Ganglu
Profession: Actor, Producer and Assistant Director
DOB: September 28, 1982
Birth Place: Mumbai, India
Home Town: Mumbai, India
Home Address: 56 Krishna Raj, Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai – 400050
Best Friends: Ayan Mukerji, Anushka Sharma
Hobbies: Playing on his Xbox and Playstation, playing football, travelling and watching movies
Debut Work: Saawariya (2007)
Movies: Jagga Jasoos (2017), Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016), Fuddu (2016), Tamasha (2015), Bombay Velvet (2015), Roy (2015), Bhoothnath Returns (2014)
TV Serials: Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe (2012)
Ranbir Kapoor in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Image Source: Dharma Productions
Height: 183 centimetres
Weight: 78 kilograms
Body: Chest Measurements: 42 Inches, Waist Measurements: 32 Inches, Bicep Measurements: 15 Inches
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Wife: Not Applicable
GF: Nandita Mahtani (Fashion Designer), Deepika Padukone (2007-2009), Katrina Kaif (2012-2016)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Rishi Kapoor (Actor)
Mother: Neetu Singh (Actress)
Sister: Riddhima Kapoor Sahani
School: Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Lee Strasberg Institute and School of Visual Arts, New York
Educational Qualification: A course in acting and direction
Cars: Audi A8, Audi R8, Range Rover Sport, Mercedes-Benz G63
Bikes: Harley Davidson
House: Properties in Mumbai and Dubai
Movies: 25 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $30 million(estimate)
Film: It’s a Wonderful Life (1946), Shree 420 (1955), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Life Is Beautiful (1997), Mr. India (1987), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002), The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), Singin’ in the Rain (1952), Masoom (1983), Dil Chahta Hai (2001), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Kabhie Kabhie (1976), Silsila (1981), Chandni (1989), Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), 3 Idiots (2009), Rang De Basanti (2006), Hum Aapke Hain Koun…! (1994), Home Alone (1990), The Prestige (2006), Lost in Translation (2003), Catch Me If You Can (2002), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977) and Rafoo Chakkar (1975)
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor, Guru Dutt, Rishi Kapoor, Christopher Nolan, Dustin Hoffman
Actress: Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Natalie Portman
Song: ‘Kisiki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisaar’ (Anari), ‘The Boxer’ by Simon and Garfunkel
More Information and Facts about Ranbir Kapoor
- Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008) was his first saleable success, in which his performance required him to be a womaniser who is romantically involved with three women, whose roles are performed by Bipasha Basu, Minissha Lamba, and Deepika Padukone.
- Kapoor was awarded the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his performances in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year and Wake Up Sid. He also received two Best Actor nominations at the ceremony for Wake Up Sid and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.
- He shares his birthday with the legendary Lata Mangeshkar and Yash Chopra.
- He was christened Ranbir by his granduncle Shammi Kapoor who thought of using the first name of Raj Kapoor, Ranbir for his grandson.
- Ranbir hardly ever shops for himself; however, PRADA is one of his most liked brands.A hublot watch was the first watch he bought with his incomes.
- His favorite colognes are Zegna and Jean Paul Gaultier.
- His favorite books are ‘Songs My Mother Taught Me’ by Marlon Brando, ‘The Kite Runner’ by Khaled Hosseini and Barack Obama’s biography.
- He is the co-founder of the production company Picture Shuru Productions, and is a co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.
- In his early years, Kapoor was close to his mother, but had an unworkable relationship with his father.
- Kapoor has planned to perform in a biopic on the actor Sanjay Dutt by the director Rajkumar Hirani. Along with that, he is going to performopposite Alia Bhatt in Ayan Mukerji’s trilogy named “Brahmastra”.
- Kapoor participated with the digital music company Saavn as a content and programming adviser. Later in 2016, he featured in the series Girls with Goals, to create awareness about and raise money for YUWA, an all-girls football team in Jharkhand.
- He is the campaign representative for NDTV’s Marks for Sports, a nationwide initiative to promote fitness and health in India. Ranbir Kapoor took part in an auction on eBay, where the highest bidder got to interact with him and the funds were donated to Save the Children, an NPO that raised funds for flood affected households in Uttarakhand.
- Forbes featured him among the top twenty in India’s Celebrity 100 (2012, 2013).For the next two years, he was ranked 11th with estimated annual earnings of $15 million and $13 million respectively, making him one of the highest-paid actors in the country. Further, he has been present in Rediff.com’s annual listing of “Bollywood’s Best Actors”.
Featured Image: Ranbir Kapoor in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
Featured Image Source: Dharma Productions