Priyanka Chopra(Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Priyanka Chopra is one of India’s highest-paid and most popular actresses. Along with that, she’s also a singer, film producer, philanthropist, and the winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant.The Government of India honoured her with the Padma Shri in 2016. She has received several awards, including a National Film Award and five Filmfare Awards. Also,the Time magazine called her one of the 100 most influential people in the world and Forbes Magazine enumerated her among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2017.
Name: Priyanka Chopra
Nickname: Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi and PC
Profession: Actress, Model and Singer
DOB: July 18, 1982
Birth Place: Jamshedpur, Bihar, India
Home Town: Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
Home Address: Green Acres at Lokhandwala complex, Andheri, Mumbai
Best Friends: Deepika Padukone, Meghan Markle, Shrishti Arya, Natasha Pal, Mubina Rattonsey and Tamanna
Hobbies: Singing, reading, poetry and photography
Debut Work: Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002) (Tamil), The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003) (Bollywood), TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010), Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002) (Thamizhan)
Movies: Andaaz (2003), Mujhse Shaadi Karoge (2004), Aitraaz (2004), Mary Kom (2014), Bajirao Mastani (2015) and Dil Dhadakne Do (2015)
TV Serials: Kaun Banega Crorepati (2000-2017), Quantico (2015-current), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2008), Indian Idol, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
Height: 169 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Aseem Merchant (Model), Harman Baweja (Actor), Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Late Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)
Mother: Madhu Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)
Brother: Siddharth Chopra
School: La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow, St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly, Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts , John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Army School, Bareilly
College (Graduation): Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai (dropped)
College (Post-Graduation): Not attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class and BMW 7 Series
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Houses in Andheri, Mumbai, India, Montreal, Canada and New York
Movies: 15 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: $4 million/year
Net Income: $35 million (estimate)
Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar and Dharmendra, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson
Actress: Rekha and Sushmita Sen
Song: Careless Whispers by George Michael, I Will Always Love You By Sarah Washington
More Information and Facts about Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka initially aspired to study aeronautical engineering or criminal psychology. But she accepted offers to join the Indian film industry after her pageant wins.
- She is also supporting her foundation, ‘The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education’, which provides education and health to unprivileged children across the country.
- She has worked with UNICEF for the last ten years and was chosen as the national and global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010 and 2016 respectively. She encourages various causes such as environment, health and education, and women’s rights and is particularly vocal about gender equality and feminism.
- She is also the founder of the production company Purple Pebble Pictures, which released the commended Marathi comedy-drama Ventilator in 2016.
- When she turned thirteen, she moved to the United States to study where she lived with her aunt, and attended schools in Newton, Massachusetts, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a stop in Queens, New York. She participated in several theatre productions and studied Western classical music, choral singing and Kathak dance.
- During her teenage years in the United States, Priyanka Chopra sometimes faced racial issues and had been racially bullied by an Afro-American classmate.
- Her mother, without Priyanka’s knowledge, entered her in the Femina Miss India contest of 2000 where she finished second, winning the Femina Miss India World title. Then she was crowned Miss World 2000 and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty—Asia & Oceania at the Millennium Dome in London on 30 November, 2000.
- She was especially close to her father, who died in June 2013. In 2012, she got a tattoo reading “Daddy’s lil girl”, in his handwriting.
- Priyanka Chopra received critical acclaim for her role of Jhilmil Chatterjee, an autistic woman, in the movie ‘Barfi!’ (2012). Several critics regarded it as the best performance of her career and one of the most flawless interpretations of a physical-psychological disability being presented on big screen.
- In 2013, she gave her voice to the character of Ishani, the ruling Pan-Asian champion from India and the love interest of the main protagonist in the Disney Animation Studios’s film
- Chopra has completed “A Kid Like Jake”, the film adaptation of Daniel Pearle’s play and Todd Strauss-Schulson’s romantic comedy “Isn’t It Romantic?” opposite Liam Hemsworth, Rebel Wilson and Adam DeVine.