Palak Muchhal (Singer) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Palak Muchhal is an Indian playback singer, who along with her brother performs stage shows across India and abroad to raise funds for the poor children who need financial assistance for the medical treatment of heart diseases. As of December 2016, she has raised funds which have helped to save lives of 1333 children suffering from heart ailments. Muchhal has made her entry in both Guinness Book of World Records and Limca Book of World Records for great achievements in social work. Her work is also recognised by the Government of India and other public institutions through various awards and honours.
Name: Palak Muchhal
Nickname: Not Known
DOB: March 30, 1992
Birth Place: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Home Town: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Not Known
Debut Work: Singing Debut: Damadamm (2011)
Films: Recorded for films like Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Aashiqui 2 (2013), Kick (2014) and Action Jackson (2014) Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016) and Kaabil (2017).
Songs: “Hummein Tummein Jo Tha”, “Kaun Tujhe”, “Naio Jeena Tere Bina”, “Kaabil Hoon, “Rog Jaane”
Height: 163 centimetres
Weight: 48 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Not Known
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Rajkumar Muchhal (Accountant)
Mother: Amita Muchhal
Brother: Palash Muchhal (Musician)
School: Shree Agrasen Vidyalaya Sneh Nagar, Indore
College (Graduation): College in Indore
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: B.Com.
Cars: Not Known
Bikes: Not Known
House: Not Known
Net Income: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Palak Muchhal
- She started singing when she was aged four.
- She has been trained in Indian classical music and can sing in 17 different languages.
- Muchhal became a member of Kalyanji-Anandji Little Star, a group of young singers, when she was four years old.
- During the Kargil War of 1999, when aged seven, she spent a week singing at shops in her home city, Indore, to raise funds for the families of deceased Indian soldiers. Her efforts received considerable attention in Indian media and she raised ₹25,000. Later that year, she sang to raise funds for victims of the 1999 Odisha cyclone.
- Her decision to use her voice to help others was generated when she saw poor children using their clothes to clean train sections.
- Muchhal can sing in 17 different languages that is, Hindi, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Oriya, Assamese, Rajasthani, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Sindhi and Malayalam.
- In 2001 Muchhal, raised around one million rupees for the victims of 2001 Gujarat earthquake.
- In 2011, Muchhal entered in Bollywood as qualified playback singer but her efforts to help child heart patients sustained.
- As of August 2015, funds raised by her have helped to save lives of 800 children.
- Most of her songs till date are compositions of Reshammiya, Gannguli, Mithoon and Amaal Mallik.
- Her awards include the Silver Medal for the year 2000 by Vice-President of India Krishan Kant as National Child Award For Exceptional Achievement (Rashtriya Bal Puraskar). She is the winner of Sony Entertainment Television (India) TV show Cadbury Bournvita Confidence Champions (2006). Further, Muchhal has made her entry in both Guinness Book of World Records and Limca Book of World Records for great achievements in social work. CBSE and Maharashtra board has included Palak’s achievement in text book of seventh standard moral science. Zee Cine Awards 2014 Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Fresh Singing Talent for “Meri Aashiqui” song of Aashiqui 2 and also a nomination in Best Female Playback Singer category for the same song. Stardust Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the title track of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in 2015. These are only a few of her numerous honours.