Nargis Fakhri (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Nargis Fakhri is an American model and actress who mainly appears in Bollywood movies. Nargis was born to multi-cultural parents in Queens, New York City. She started her career as an American model, even appearing in America’s Next Top Model Cycles 2 and 3 in 2004. She also posed for the 2009 Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar. In 2011, she made her Bollywood debut with Imtiaz Ali’s Rockstar alongside Ranbir Kapoor.
Name: Nargis Fakhri
Nickname: Not Known
Profession: Model, Actress
DOB: October 30, 1978
Birth Place: Queens, New York, USA
Religion: Islam and Christianity
Home Town: New York, USA
Home Address: Mumbai, India
Best Friends: John Abraham
Hobbies: Travelling, yoga, dancing
Debut Work: Bollywood: Rockstar (2011), Hollywood: Spy (2015)
Movies: Madras Cafe (2013), Main Tera Hero (2014), Spy (2015) and Housefull 3 (2016)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 175 centimetres
Weight: 55 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Unmarried
Husband: Not Applicable
BF: Uday Chopra (Actor)
Kids: Not Applicable
Father: Late Mohammed Fakhri (Businessman)
Mother: Marie Fakhri (Former police officer)
Sister: Aliya Fakhri
School: Somewhere in New York
College (Graduation): Queens College, City University of New York
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: B.A. in Fine Arts with a minor in Psychology
Cars: Range Rover, Porsche 911, BMW
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Properties in Mumbai and New York
Movies: 2-4 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $12 million (estimate)
Film: The Chronicles of Narnia, Beauty and the Beast (1991), Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Actor: Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Varun Dhawan Actress: Kajol
Song: Nobody Knows The Troubles I’ve Seen by Louis Armstrong, Shake it Off by Taylor Swift, Bang Bang from the film Bang Bang (2014), Music of AR Rahman and Taylor Swift
More Information and Facts about Nargis Fakhri
- According to Nargis, her father was from Pakistan, and moved to the United States for better earning, while her mother is Czech.
- Fakhri’s parents divorced when she was six, and her father passed away a few years later.
- Because of her mixed Pakistani and Czech ethnicity, she describes herself a “global citizen”.
- Fakhri started her career as a model at the age of 16.
- During her modelling career, she lived in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Germany, the UK, Greece, Costa Rica, Cape Town and Denmark.
- She later appeared as a contestant on the second and third cycle of The CW reality series America’s Next Top Model (2004). Although Fakhri was selected for the first two challenges of both the cycles, she failed to make up to the third challenge for the top twelve contestants.
- She modeled professionally in America, working for freelance agencies, and appearing regularly at fashion shows.
- Fakhri came to the limelight when she appeared in a highly popular Indian print campaign for the 2009 Kingfisher Calendar. That was when Imtiaz Ali selected her for a role in Rockstar.
- She is a member of the Board of Advisors for the ‘MindShare Ventures Group’, a New York City-based company that deals with fashion, technology, healthcare, real estate and entertainment.
- Fakhri’s performance in Spy earned her an MTV Movie Award for Best Fight nomination. Spy emerged as one of top-grossing productions of the year, earning $235.7 million worldwide.
- She, alongwith Ranbir Kapoor, won the IIFA Award for the Hottest Pair in 2012 for Rockstar.
- Her performance in the 2015 flick Main Tera Hero earned her a Life OK NOW Award for the Best Supporting Actor – Female.
- She, in 2015, won the Bollywood Life Award for Most Motivational Celeb on Social Media
- Again in 2015, Nargis won the Filmfare Glamour and Style Award in the category Ciroc Not The Usual Award.