Manisha Koirala (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Manisha Koirala is a Nepali actress who principally appears in Bollywood films but has also worked in several South Indian and Nepali films. She is the recipient of several honours, including four Filmfare Awards-and is one of India’s most well-known actresses. Starting with modelling she followeda career path in films, and made her Bollywood debut with Saudagar (1991) which was a hit. She went on to establish herself as one of the prominent actresses with 1942: A Love Story (1994), Akele Hum Akele Tum (1995), Agni Sakshi (1996) and Gupt (1997). Koirala experimented with anassortment of strong, dramatic roles, and she delivered numerous much-admired performances in a range of films including Bombay (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Dil Se.. (1998), Mann (1999), Lajja (2001), Company (2002), and Escape from Taliban (2003).
Name: Manisha Koirala
Nickname: Manu, Manya
Profession: Actress, Social Activist
DOB: August 16, 1970
Birth Place: Kathmandu, Nepal
Nationality: Nepalese and Indian
Home Town: Delhi, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Tabu and Deepti Naval
Debut Work: Bollywood- Saudagar (1991), Nepali- Pheri Bhetaula (1989)
Movies: Bombay (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Dil Se.. (1998), Mann (1999), Lajja (2001), Company (2002), Escape from Taliban (2003)
TV Serials: Not Applicable
Height: 165 centimetres
Weight: 59 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Divorced
Husband: Samrat Dahal (2010–2012, Businessman)
BF: Vivek Mushran (Bollywood Actor), Crispin Conroy (Australian Ambassador for Nepal), Sandeep Chowta (Bollywood Music Director), Nana Patekar (Famous Bollywood Actor), DJ Whosane (DJ), Cecil Anthony (Nigerian Businessman), Aryan Vaid (Indian model and actor), Prashant Chaudhari (Restaurateur), Akshay (Bollywood Actor), Christopher Dorris (A sports counselor, author and entrepreneur)
Kids: Not Known
Father: Prakash Koirala (Former Nepalese politician)
Mother: Sushma Koirala
Brother: Siddharth Koirala (Bollywood Actor)
School: VKM, Varanasi (Till Class X), Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
College (Graduation): New York University
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Diploma in Film Making
Cars: Mercedes, Porche Cayenne, Bentley Continental GT
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Properties in Mumbai, USA and Nepal
Movies: 3-4 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Applicable
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
Film: Masoom, One flew over the cuckoo’s nest, An Officer and a Gentleman, Kagaz Ke Phool
Actor: Kamal Haasan
Actress: Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Streep and Whoopi Goldberg
Song: Ghazals by Begum Akhtar and Mehdi Hassan
More Information and Facts about Manisha Koirala
- Her awards and nominations include three Filmfare Critics Awards for Best Actress, a South Filmfare Award for Best Actress, and a Star Screen Award Best Actress, among others.
- There was a major era of decline when most of her films nose-dived. The Malyalam drama Elektra, the anthology film I Am (both 2010), and the romantic comedy Mappillai (2011) were taken well, but she took a break from acting in 2012 and returned three years later with Chehere: A Modern Day Classic (2015).
- She was chosen as the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Population Fund in 1999 and 2015, and worked towards relief after the Nepal earthquake in 2015.
- She encourages various causes such as women’s rights, prevention of violence against women, prevention of human trafficking and cancer awareness.
- Manisha received appreciation from her fans and industry from across the whole of India for Sunaina Bhattnagar’s Dear Maya.
- She has been seen doing some remarkable motivational and communal events.
- She was one of the speakers along side Dalai Lama and CM of Andhra Pradesh at the Womens’s Parliament, Amravati where she promoted that we need more women in our board rooms, court rooms, schools and universities to make policies for women and that women should stand in cohesion for each other.
- Manisha’s TEDx talk affected hearts of masses of people and she has received gratitude from across worldwide for same.
- Further, she spoke about her struggle with cancer and her brave victory as a warrior and highly advocates on how concentrating from early day on our personal health can make miracles happen.
- Her viewpoint is to emphasise on mind, body and soul rather than just physical body to stay fit and positive.
- She was engaged to Christpin Conroy, the Australian ambassador to Nepal.
- She is a talented Bharatnatyam and Manipuri dancer.
- In the 90s, she was designated the utmost attractive Bollywood actress.