Malaika Arora (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Malaika Arora is an Indian actress, dancer, model, VJ, and television presenter. Born to a Punjabi father and Malayali Catholic mother, Malaika Arora started as a MTV VJ when MTV was launched in India where she got prime time roles in their shows “Love Line” and “Style Check”. She also hosted award ceremonies and concerts on the television channel.She is recognizedfor her dancing in the songs Chaiyya Chaiyya (1998), Gur Naalo Ishq Mitha (1998), Maahi Ve (2002), Kaal Dhamaal (2005) and Munni Badnaam Hui (2010). She turned into a film producer in 2008, with her former husband, Arbaaz Khan. Their company Arbaaz Khan Productions has released films like Dabangg (2010) and Dabangg 2 (2012).
Name: Malaika Arora
Profession: Actress, Model
DOB: October 23, 1973
Birth Place: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Home Address: Mumbai
Best Friends: Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor
Hobbies: Gardening, working out, swimming and yoga
Debut Work: Film: Dil Se (1998), TV: Nach Baliye 1 (2005, judge)
Movies: Dil Se.. (1998), Bichhoo (2000), Maa Tujhhe Salaam (2002), Kaante (2002), Om Shanti Om (2007), EMI (2008)
TV Serials: Nach Baliye 1 (2005), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2006), Zara Nachke Dikha (2008), Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan (2008), Perfect Bride (2009), India’s Got Talent 5 (2009), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 (2010), Swaragini (2015), India’s Next Top Model (cycle 3) (2017)
Height: 161 centimetres
Weight: 52 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Divorced
Husband: Arbaaz Khan (Divorced)
BF: Arbaaz Khan (Actor), Arjun Kapoor (Actor)
Kids: Arhaan Khan
Father: Anil Arora (Merchant Navy)
Mother: Joyce Polycarp
Sister: Amrita Arora (Actress)
School: Swami Vivekanand School in Chembur, Mumbai, Holy Cross High School, Thane
College (Graduation): Jai Hind College, Churchgate, Mumbai (Dropped)
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: High School
Cars: BMW 7, Range Rover
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: Not Known
Movies: 1-2 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: Not Known
Net Income: $10 million (estimate)
Film: Not Known
Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
Actress: Deepika Padukone, Helen
Song: Not Known
More Information and Facts about Malaika Arora
- Malaika completed her education at Swami Vivekanand School in Chembur. Her aunt, Grace Polycarp, was the principal of the school. She is also an alumnus of the Holy Cross High School Thane where she studied until ninth grade. She pursued her college education from Jai Hind College, Churchgate but did not complete it on account of professional engagements.
- She lived in Borla Society, Chembur opposite Basant Talkies before initializing her modelling career.
- Malaika was selected as one of the MTV VJs and co-anchored with Cyrus Broacha the programs Love Line and Style Check. Malaika then entered the modelling world, performing in many advertisements, for album songs like Bally Sagoo’s “Gur Naalo Ishq Mitha” and item numbers such as “Chaiyya Chaiyya” in the 1998 Bollywood film Dil Se…
- She made cameo appearances in a small number of films.
- In 2008, she appeared in her first major acting role in the film EMI which was a box-office failure.
- In 2010, she featured in the item song “Munni Badnaam Hui” in the film Dabangg, which was produced by her husband Arbaaz Khan which was a Box Office hit.
- Shee helped set a world record with 1235 participants performing a choreographed dance to “Munni Badnaam” which she led.
- She was the Taiwan Excellence celebrity endorser in 2012. She endorsed Dabur’s 30-plus.
- According to her, she never wanted to do acting.
- She performed live alongside Atif Aslam, Shaan and Bipasha Basu in a series of concerts at LG Arena in Birmingham and The O2 Arena in London.
- Malaika appeared on the television show Nach Baliye as one of the three judges and continued as a judge in Nach Baliye 2. She appeared on the show Zara Nachke Dikha as a judge on Star One and was a judge on the show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2010. She is on the judge panel in the show India’s Got Talent.
- Malaika was married to Bollywood actor-director-producer Arbaaz Khan in 1998 whom she met during a coffee ad shoot but in 2016, they announced separation. The couple officially got divorced in 2017. The custody of their son after the divorce is with Malaika, although Arbaz has visitation rights on his son.