Madhuri Dixit (Actress) Biography, Personal Life, Physical Statistics, Education, Luxuries, Income & More
Madhuri Dixit or Madhuri Dixit Nene is an Indian actress who performs in Bollywood films. She is highly appreciated for her acting and dancing skills and has received six Filmfare Awards, four for Best Actress, one for Best Supporting Actress and one special award, among others. Further, she has been nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress a record fourteen times. The Government of India in 2008 awarded her the Padma Shri. Dixit debuted in Abodh (1984) and received expansive public credit with Tezaab (1988). After taking a break in 2002, she made a comeback with the musical Aaja Nachle in 2007 and later performed in Dedh Ishqiya (2014) and Gulaab Gang (2014).
Name: Madhuri Dixit
Nickname: Bubbly and Dhak-Dhak Girl
DOB: May 15, 1967
Birth Place: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Town: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: 2-B/110/1201, Excellency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala, Complex, Andheri (West),Mumbai 400058
Best Friends: Shahrukh Khan, Sridevi
Hobbies: Dancing, reading
Debut Work: Film Debut: Abodh (1984), TV Debut: Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai (2002)
Movies: Ram Lakhan (1989),Tridev (1989), Parinda (1989), Dil (1990), Saajan (1991), Beta (1992), Khalnayak (1993), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Raja (1995), Devdas (2002), Aaja Nachle (2007), Dedh Ishqiya (2014)
TV Serials: Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai (2002), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Rajshri Production’s Paying Guest, guest on Nach Baliye Season 1 and 3, guest on Nach Baliye Season 1 and 3
Height: 163 centimetres
Weight: 58 kilograms
Hair Color: Black
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Shriram Madhav Nene (Doctor)
BF: Anil Kapoor (Actor), Sanjay Dutt (Actor)
Kids: Raayan Nene, Arin Nene
Father: Father- Late Shankar Dixit
Mother: Snehlata Dixit
Brother/ Sisters: Ajit Dixit, Rupa Dixit, Bharati Dixit
School: Divine Child High School, Mumbai
College (Graduation): Parle College, Mumbai
College (Post-Graduation): Not Attended
Educational Qualification: Degree in Micro-Biology
Cars: Audi, Rolls Royce and Skoda Rapid
Bikes: Not Applicable
House: luxurious apartments and commercial properties in Mumbai as well as the US
Movies: 3-4 Crore rupees/film (estimate)
TV Shows: 1 Crore rupees/episode (estimate)
Net Income: $35 million (estimate)
Film: Garam Hawa, Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Padosan, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Roman Holiday, Gone With The Wind, All About Eve
Actor: Balraj Sahani, Gregory Peck
Actress: Nargis, Madhubala, Meryl Streep, Ingrid Bergman
Song: Music by Kishori Amonkar and Bhimsen Joshi
More Information and Facts about Madhuri Dixit
- She first appeared in Bollywood with two releases ‘Abodh’ and ‘Swati’, and from then continued to act in approximately 66 movies, as well as was a playback singer in ‘Devdas’ and ‘Wajood’.
- She has won approximately 12 awards from Filmfare, Star Screen and Zee for her performances in ‘Dil’, ‘Beta’, ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Devdas’, ‘Raja’, ‘Mrityudand’, and ‘Lajja’.
- Dixit starred in two movies, Swati and Manav Hatya in 1986 but both films flopped at the box office. Then, again in 1987 with Mohre, Hifazat and Uttar Dakshin her films continued to flop. The first two of the three 1988 releases – Dayavan and Khatron Ke Khiladi too failed to do well.
- Dixit finally attained stardom when she landed the lead female role of Mohini in N. Chandra’s Tezaab opposite Anil Kapoor. The film went on to become that year’s highest-grossing movie. Dixit received her first nomination for the Filmfare Best Actress Award for her work in Tezaab.
- The film ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’ became one of the biggest hits in the history of Hindi cinema and made ₹ 1.35 billion worldwide, breaking the record of the film Sholay (1975). It became the highest grossing Bollywood film in Hindi cinema history after its theatrical run and held the record for 7 years.
- Her film ‘Devdas’ was screened at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival and was featured by Time in their listing of the “10 best films of the millennium”. It turned out to be a major international success with a collection of over ₹530 million. Devdas was chosen as India’s official entry for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and received a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Film Not in the English Language. Dixit won the Filmfare Best supporting actress award for the film.
- She is famous for her dance in the song “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga” from Beta. Also, she is known for her dance sequences in songs such as “Ek Do Teen” (Tezaab), “Humko Aaj Kal Hai” (Sailaab), “Bada Dukh Deenha” (Ram Lakhan), “Chane Ke Khet Mein” (Anjaam), “Didi Tera Devar Deewana” (Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!), “Choli Ke Peechhe” (Khalnayak), “Akhiyan Milaun” (Raja), “Mera Piya Ghar Aaya” (Yaraana), “Kay Sera Sera” (Pukar), “Badi Mushkil” (Lajja), “Maar Daala” (Devdas), “Aaja Nachle” (Aaja Nachle), and “Ghagra” (Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani).
- Dixit is a frequent performer and has partook in several world tours and concerts. She starred in the “Unforgettable World Tour” stage production in the USA, Canada, Trinidad, and London, England. In 2013, Dixit joined the fourth instalment of Shah Rukh Khan’s “Temptation Reloaded” where they performed a series of concerts in Auckland, Perth, Sydney and Dubai.
- After winning ₹ 5,000,000 on Kaun Banega Crorepati, in its first season, she directed that her winnings be donated for the welfare of victims of an earthquake in Gujarat and to an orphanage in Pune.
- During the making of Saajan in 1990, Madhuri had an affair with Sanjay Dutt who was married at the time to Richa Sharma. Despite her father’s objections, the relationship continued. However, with Dutt’s arrest, Madhuri ended the relationship.
- Dixit has been the Muse for the Indian painter M. F. Husain who was so fascinated by Dixit in Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! that he watched the film 67 times, and in 2007 he booked an entire theatre to see her comeback movie Aaja Nachle. He also made paintings of her, and a film named Gaja Gamini starring her, which was a tribute to Dixit.